ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for the 1st. adult passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gharib2018
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Applying for the 1st. adult passport

Post by gharib2018 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:04 pm

Dear Sirs/ Madam,

I have applied for a naturalisation and the HO has accepted my application🤲
Going to attend the ceremony soon..

My Question related to the supporting documents required to apply for the 1st. adult British Passport, I was born before 1980 and my parents passed away.. I managed to get my all birth certificates (Dad, Mum& I) in Arabic and in English- no marriage certificate could be found in several Gov. entities as they are not keeping track of people who got married before 1970 or so! and my parents got married back on the 1930!!

With the situation listed above, do you think I would have a problem applying for my 1st. adult British Passport?

Please advise.. and thank you in advance..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for the 1st. adult passport

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:08 pm

Have you actually read the passport guidance notes???

For naturalised British citizens it is MINIMAL documents that are sent and you DO NOT need all family birth certificates!!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nerazzuri
United Kingdom

Post by Nerazzuri » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:32 pm

You only need:

- Your naturalisation certificate.
- Any current valid passports for other countries that you hold.
- The passport you entered the UK with when you started this period of residency.

gharib2018
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by gharib2018 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:39 am

Thank you all for your valuable inputs.. appreciate your help.. wish me luck with my application ;-)

Conky2a
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Conky2a » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:53 pm

I noticed that the link to timelines for first british passport applications, is mostly replied to by newly naturalised applicants already residing in the UK.

Are the timelines the same for successful UKM citizenship applicants resident abroad, and are the documents required broadly the same!

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:05 pm

Conky2a wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:53 pm
I noticed that the link to timelines for first british passport applications, is mostly replied to by newly naturalised applicants already residing in the UK.

Are the timelines the same for successful UKM citizenship applicants resident abroad, and are the documents required broadly the same!

Thanks
You shouldn't tag onto other members topics with your questions please.

Passport applications take longer from abroad. You should read up and post in the specific UKM thread already running.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Conky2a
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Conky2a » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:54 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:05 pm
Conky2a wrote:

Thanks

Passport applications take longer from abroad. You should read up and post in the specific UKM thread already running.
Ok got it. I should ask a question concerning a first time british passport application on a thread devoted to UKM Citizenship timelines and experience, and not on a thread concerning first time british passport applications. Makes sense.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:40 pm

Conky2a wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:54 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:05 pm
Conky2a wrote:

Thanks

Ok got it. I should ask a question concerning a first time british passport application on a thread devoted to UKM Citizenship timelines and experience, and not on a thread concerning first time british passport applications. Makes sense.
This is not a general discussion thread/topic for all types of routes/abroad/in uk to tag onto.

The ukm thread is best placed for your questions as many have posted there right till passport received and end of journey.
Char (CR001 not Casa)