ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Location transfer in UK with same company and job – effect on Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MarbleMarch
Newly Registered
Canada

Location transfer in UK with same company and job – effect on Tier 2

Post by MarbleMarch » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:51 pm

If I get a job at a company in Birmingham on a Tier 2 visa and then they transfer me to their head office in London (doing the same job), would that affect the visa at all?

SKJ1984
India

Re: Location transfer in UK with same company and job – effect on Tier 2

Post by SKJ1984 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:58 pm

AFAIK You can work from any office of the company as long as you work for the same company mentioned in your CoS.

Nowadays many companies have distributed office location. So as long as you do same role and in same company location must not matter.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Location transfer in UK with same company and job – effect on Tier 2

Post by GondalUK » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:21 pm

Your company needs to report your new work address. This is one of sponsor duties to report regular work address if that is changed and different than work address mentioned on COS.

I was working from Poole Head office for my company and later I was moved to London office. This change of work address was reported by my employer to Home Office.

I hope it will help.