ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Date of arrival in the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hero2k
Newly Registered

Documents required for Naturalisation

Post by hero2k » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:47 pm

Hello all!

Sorry I know that my questions might have been asked for a lot of times in the previous posts. But could someone help me on these quick questions please?

I am going to apply for the citizenship via the ILR from a five-year Tier 2 visa. It has almost been 12 months since I was granted my ILR. Questions are:

1. I was confused by this requirement '• letter or letters from your employer or employers confirming you have worked in their employment including start and finish dates'

Given I've already proved my lawful staying in the UK for the last five years from my ILR application and ILR status in the last 12 months. Do I still need to ask my previous/current employer to issue reference letters?

2. Do I need to submit 5 years P60 forms?

3. I worked in the university for a few months while on a Tier 4 visa (part-time job), before I received my Tier 2 visa. There was an eight-month gap between these two visas. Therefore should I declare this part of employment or just my Tier 2 work experiences on my application form?

Thanks in advance,
Jack

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Documents required for Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:49 pm

1. Not required.

2. No.

3. ALL employment in the UK must be declared. HO make checks on this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hero2k
Newly Registered

Post by hero2k » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:49 pm
1. Not required.

2. No.

3. ALL employment in the UK must be declared. HO make checks on this.
Thanks, but for point 3, the question on the application form is 'Employment history in UK during past 10 years, or since date of entry if you have been here for less than 10 years'

If my continuous staying period begins at the start of my Tier 2 visa, should I not just follow 'or since date of entry if you have been here for less than 10 years'? which should exclude my Tier 4 working history.

I mean, my date of entry is when I entred the UK on the Tier 2 visa right?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:43 pm

hero2k wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:37 pm
Thanks, but for point 3, the question on the application form is 'Employment history in UK during past 10 years, or since date of entry if you have been here for less than 10 years'

If my continuous staying period begins at the start of my Tier 2 visa, should I not just follow 'or since date of entry if you have been here for less than 10 years'? which should exclude my Tier 4 working history.

It clearly states 'employment in the UK DURING the last 10 years'. It does not state 'date of most recent 5 year entry'.

If you don't declare it and HO checks, you have withheld information from them.

Don't confuse the nationality law of the application being based on 5 years residence with the request from HO to complete your full history of employment upto the 10 years ago in the UK. They are two separate issues.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hero2k
Newly Registered

Post by hero2k » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:00 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:43 pm
hero2k wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:37 pm

It clearly states 'employment in the UK DURING the last 10 years'. It does not state 'date of most recent 5 year entry'.

If you don't declare it and HO checks, you have withheld information from them.

Don't confuse the nationality law of the application being based on 5 years residence with the request from HO to complete your full history of employment upto the 10 years ago in the UK. They are two separate issues.
Understood, thank you so much!

hero2k
Newly Registered

Questions from the online applications

Post by hero2k » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:27 pm

Dear Forum members,

I have three questions when trying to fill out the online application form. Could you please help with them?

1. If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application?

Question: I have to choose Yes or No. What should I choose if this question is irrelevant to me, i.e. I have met the statutory requirements.

2. Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

Question: should I say Yes and include ALL previous visa application, including my tourist visa, student visa, working visa and ILR? Or should I just provide the visa application since I started to become a UK resident (six year's ago)?

3. Do you still need to provide the national ID information if you have already provided your passport? If not should you say No to the question of 'do you have a national Identification card'?

Thanks in advance,
J

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Questions from the online applications

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:33 pm

1. If you do not meet the statutory requirements to become a British citizen, are there any special circumstances why you think the Home Secretary should still grant your application?

Question: I have to choose Yes or No. What should I choose if this question is irrelevant to me, i.e. I have met the statutory requirements.
Leave blank if there is nothing exceptional you need considered.

Question: should I say Yes and include ALL previous visa application, including my tourist visa, student visa, working visa and ILR? Or should I just provide the visa application since I started to become a UK resident (six year's ago)?
You need to list ALL UK applications you have made, including visitor and ILR.
3. Do you still need to provide the national ID information if you have already provided your passport? If not should you say No to the question of 'do you have a national Identification card'?
No is correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hero2k
Newly Registered

Post by hero2k » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:33 pm

Leave blank if there is nothing exceptional you need considered.

You need to list ALL UK applications you have made, including visitor and ILR.
No is correct.
Ok thanks very much for your reply. Just want to clarify.
1. The system does not allow me to proceed without choosing Yes or No. I am feeling both answers are incorrect for my circumstances.
2. When is the date of arrival to the UK? On my ILR application form, I have stated that my date of arrival to the UK is based on my Tier 2 visa. Should I do the same for the citizenship application? Because prior to my Tier 2 visa, I had a visitor visa and a Tier 4 student visa.

Thanks,
J

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:00 pm

1. Then select NO.

2. No. Citizenship is not a repeat of ilr. If the AN form ask for date your first arrived, you need to put that date not your tier 2 date.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hero2k
Newly Registered

Post by hero2k » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:00 pm
1. Then select NO.

2. No. Citizenship is not a repeat of ilr. If the AN form ask for date your first arrived, you need to put that date not your tier 2 date.
Thanks again for your reply. Ok so my circumstances are as follows:
1. Visitor visa: Arrived in the UK in Jul 2006 for a three-week holiday in the UK.
2. Tier 4 visa: stayed in the UK from Sep 2011 till Jan 2013 for study and part-time job.
3. Tier 2 visa: after an 8-month gap from my Tier 4, Tier 2 was from Aug 2013 till Jul 2018.
4. ILR: since Jul 2018.

Now which date I should put as my first day of arrival in the UK?

Thanks,
J

hero2k
Newly Registered

Post by hero2k » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:10 pm

Sorry could someone help with my last question please?

Thanks very much!

hero2k
Newly Registered

Date of arrival in the UK

Post by hero2k » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:23 pm

Hi,

Sorry for a separate topic. Basically I am looking for some clarifications for my first day of arrival in the UK.

My circumstances are as follows:
1. Visitor visa: Arrived in the UK in Jul 2006 for a three-week holiday in the UK.
2. Tier 4 visa: stayed in the UK from Sep 2011 till Jan 2013 for study and part-time job.
3. Tier 2 visa: after an 8-month gap from my Tier 4, Tier 2 was from Aug 2013 till Jul 2018.
4. ILR: since Jul 2018.

Now which date I should put as my first day of arrival in the UK?

Thanks very much,
J

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Date of arrival in the UK

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:26 pm

Sept 2011.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hero2k
Newly Registered

Re: Date of arrival in the UK

Post by hero2k » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:26 pm
Sept 2011.
Thank you!