ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport paper application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sc884uk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Passport paper application

Post by sc884uk » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:07 pm

Hi everyone

I have submitted a paper application for my first passport following my ceremony in June. I did it paper as it was apparently easier for the referee.
Does anyone have any experience with paper applications? When do they usually charge you the money from the credit card? When they start processing the application? My application form and docs arrived to the HMPO very early this morning and by mid-afternoon there was already a charge from them on my credit card. Seems too quick.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Passport paper application

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:15 pm

There is nothing special about these applications, paper or online,all very straightforward. The fact that your fee has been charged is confirmation that the application is being processed. Nothing to worry about - just a case of waiting for passport.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

sc884uk
Newly Registered
Mood:
Italy

Post by sc884uk » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:50 pm

Thanks no need to be a smartass about it I was just asking. Next time maybe don’t respond if it bothers you. Yes I’ll wait for it, perhaps unlike you I actually have a good job and need it to travel ergo the question

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:16 pm

sc884uk wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:50 pm
Thanks no need to be a smartass about it I was just asking. Next time maybe don’t respond if it bothers you. Yes I’ll wait for it, perhaps unlike you I actually have a good job and need it to travel ergo the question
User alterhase58 was NOT being a "smartass" or "bothered" by your question!! He was merely advising honestly in the same way any of us would have advised.

I suggest be thankful (and post with respect please) when any member, all of us unpaid volunteers, take the time out of their good jobs and family time to offer advice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:38 pm

This is a joke!!!!
Moderators sometimes act servile and bend backwards to explain in detail the questions.
Sometimes just ignoring their repetitive questions is a better way to answer. Just a couple of days ago Casa responded to a whole lot of questions regarding passport and the OP asked the same questions again the right hon. gentleman responded to the same questions. That gives people the idea that you are doing this only because you have no life. You dont have to respond to every single question repeatedly.
Like the lady asking how can someone know a baby for 3 years when the baby is not 3 years old. Does it deserve a response?? NO> If you think it does then expect rude comments like this.