ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

faruk1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by faruk1989 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:44 am

nasiaziz wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:57 pm
can any expert tel me as to what actually these emails means when they tel you you will be contacted within 21 days does that mean its decided or yet to be decided or when they say its with caseworker and u will be contacted in due course, because sometimes we hav seen that when someone who gets 21 days email they get the approval next few days and the date on letter is after the date of the email and sometimes the date is before the date of the email,,

Basically this means that the decision has been made on the application and you should receive the correspondence within 21 working days. If your application is not with the case worker then they will simply tell you that as we have received your application on bla bla date so it will take while longer for your application to be decided.

skazan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by skazan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:54 am

Good morning all!

Could you please advise me what action is considered the application date (submitting and paying the fee online or enrolling biometrics in person)?

I have lived in the UK since 4th of July 2013 but received my ILR on 22nd of August 2018 and one of the conditions of applying for citizenship is that I should've lived in the UK on ILR for 12 months before applying.

So my question is, can I pay the fee online now and book the biometrics for after 22nd of August or shall I wait with paying the fee and booking the date until 22nd of August?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:58 am

skazan wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:54 am
Good morning all!

Could you please advise me what action is considered the application date (submitting and paying the fee online or enrolling biometrics in person)?

I have lived in the UK since 4th of July 2013 but received my ILR on 22nd of August 2018 and one of the conditions of applying for citizenship is that I should've lived in the UK on ILR for 12 months before applying.

So my question is, can I pay the fee online now and book the biometrics for after 22nd of August or shall I wait with paying the fee and booking the date until 22nd of August?
Date of application is the date you SUBMIT and PAY ONLINE and NOT the UKCVAS biometric appointment date. If you apply too early, you risk being refused and losing your fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

skazan
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by skazan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:56 am

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:58 am
skazan wrote:
Good morning all!

Date of application is the date you SUBMIT and PAY ONLINE and NOT the UKCVAS biometric appointment date. If you apply too early, you risk being refused and losing your fee.
Ok, thank you for confirming this. The reason I was in doubt is because when we were submitting UKCVAS biometrics for my son back in May, I asked the person who was doing the biometrics this question and she told me that application day is today, when we came for biometrics. A bit confusing, I guess I'd better wait a month.

Raja0007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Raja0007 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:03 pm

Hi Members!

I was wondering if anyone is in my situation. I have applied on end of March and done my biomatrics on very start of April but I have no news yet. I have completed 5years in the UK under surinder Singh and applied within 2 months of acquiring my PR. I have never broken any immigration laws and I dont even have any criminal records...

I have emailed them last week and they responded back as your application recieved end of March it will take a while longer to decide blah blah blah. Then out of curiosity I have emailed them again last night but I have recieved no respond yet...

They do NOT process application in date orders otherwise I would've recieved my decision yet.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:15 pm

skazan wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:56 am
CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:58 am
skazan wrote:
Good morning all!

Ok, thank you for confirming this. The reason I was in doubt is because when we were submitting UKCVAS biometrics for my son back in May, I asked the person who was doing the biometrics this question and she told me that application day is today, when we came for biometrics. A bit confusing, I guess I'd better wait a month.
It is VERY important to note that the UKCVAS staff are NOT immigration or citizenship advisors or HO staff. UKCVAS is ONLY a third party agent for biometrics and documents check.

Note also that if your son is UK born, he has an entitlement to register as British and the application date issue is completely irrelevant!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:48 pm

faruk1989 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:44 am
nasiaziz wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:57 pm
can any expert tel me as to what actually these emails means when they tel you you will be contacted within 21 days does that mean its decided or yet to be decided or when they say its with caseworker and u will be contacted in due course, because sometimes we hav seen that when someone who gets 21 days email they get the approval next few days and the date on letter is after the date of the email and sometimes the date is before the date of the email,,

Basically this means that the decision has been made on the application and you should receive the correspondence within 21 working days. If your application is not with the case worker then they will simply tell you that as we have received your application on bla bla date so it will take while longer for your application to be decided.
not sure but if the case is decided they tel you decision has been taken on it or when its with the caseworker they tel you its with caseworker and will respond soon and then the 21 days email no idea what all this could mean. they emailed me about 21 days on 11th of july and nothing has come yet

Omyousif
Sudan

Post by Omyousif » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:10 pm

faruk1989 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:11 pm
Omyousif wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:53 am
faruk1989 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:11 am
Omyousif wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:59 am
Hi All
In two days I will complete six months and am still waiting, can you please provide me with the details of how to contact the Home Office about my application
Thank in advance.
what base did you apply for Naturalisation? if you dont mind me asking.
If you want, you can either send an email to NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk or you can ring on this number - 0300 123 2253. they will help in order to chase it up as it will pass the 6 months timeline.
We applied together me and my husband in 24th of January and we both refugees, he received a letter last week from home office said that his application will take more than six months but I didn't receive any thing for me.
We applied separately and each of us have a different case Reference.

Try this email address, generally its a pretty quick in terms of response back From UKVI. lets see what they say, try it though
I sent to them an email since yesterday but no response yet.

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:09 pm

aaliya1986 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:52 pm
hi all,

slight update on my application which i applied 15th march 19.

i e-mailed about the progress of the application and got an e-mail today saying i should get a post within 21 days.

anyone knows what this means?

thanks,
any news ?

Raja0007
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Raja0007 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:01 pm

Raja0007 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:03 pm
Hi Members!

I was wondering if anyone is in my situation. I have applied on end of March and done my biomatrics on very start of April but I have no news yet. I have completed 5years in the UK under surinder Singh and applied within 2 months of acquiring my PR. I have never broken any immigration laws and I dont even have any criminal records...

I have emailed them last week and they responded back as your application recieved end of March it will take a while longer to decide blah blah blah. Then out of curiosity I have emailed them again last night but I have recieved no respond yet...

They do NOT process application in date orders otherwise I would've recieved my decision yet.

There is an update, I have recieved email back from them stating the same as it was last week.... So my application is still in same stage.

aaliya1986
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by aaliya1986 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:13 pm

aaliya1986 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:52 pm
hi all,

slight update on my application which i applied 15th march 19.

i e-mailed about the progress of the application and got an e-mail today saying i should get a post within 21 days.

anyone knows what this means?

thanks,
An update, a good one. After a long wait the brown envelope finally arrived.

letter arrived Monday 22 July.

Really happy and thankful to all members of this forum for support.

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:47 pm

aaliya1986 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:42 pm
more than 14 weeks gone and still no update. whenever i e-mail its the standard response. looks like they will take full 6 months.

anyone else waiting since they have applied in march 2019?
I applied 1st April and I haven’t heard anything from HO yet!! I emailed them twice and got the generic(it will take awhile longer blah blah) response every time!

faruk1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by faruk1989 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:12 pm

sam86ds wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:47 pm
aaliya1986 wrote:
more than 14 weeks gone and still no update. whenever i e-mail its the standard response. looks like they will take full 6 months.

I applied 1st April and I haven’t heard anything from HO yet!! I emailed them twice and got the generic(it will take awhile longer blah blah) response every time!

I think there may be an issue with April 2019 applications as they haven't picked those applications as of yet. I have applied in April and last week received the similar response.
People who applied in May and June, have already received their approval.

Djuliane
Chad

Post by Djuliane » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:02 am

faruk1989 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:12 pm
sam86ds wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:47 pm
aaliya1986 wrote:

I think there may be an issue with April 2019 applications as they haven't picked those applications as of yet. I have applied in April and last week received the similar response.
People who applied in May and June, have already received their approval.
No I have apply on May 15 still no news I received the same email today saying bla bla bla bla 😂😂😂 but i also know people’s who apply on May got approval already. I think for refuges take more long

Omyousif
Sudan

Post by Omyousif » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:24 am

Good morning
As I said before today I completed the six months of waiting, I emailed them two days ago and yesterday I received this email:

However the simplicity or indeed complexity of an application cannot be known until it has been considered by a caseworker. Nevertheless, UKVI aims to complete 95% of cases within 6 months from the date of receipt. It will take while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

I don't know what is going on with my application, and it what stage it now, really confusing

faruk1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by faruk1989 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:31 am

Omyousif wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:24 am
Good morning
As I said before today I completed the six months of waiting, I emailed them two days ago and yesterday I received this email:

However the simplicity or indeed complexity of an application cannot be known until it has been considered by a caseworker. Nevertheless, UKVI aims to complete 95% of cases within 6 months from the date of receipt. It will take while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

I don't know what is going on with my application, and it what stage it now, really confusing

Did u apply based on refugee or any other ground??

faruk1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by faruk1989 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:00 am

faruk1989 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:31 am
Omyousif wrote:
Good morning

Also did u try and ring them up to chase your application?? And did they not send u a letter to confirm if its gonna take more than 6 months??

azdino7
Algeria

Post by azdino7 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:40 am

Date of application: 08/02/2019
Date Biometrics enrolled: 15/02/2019 UKVCAS new service appointment
Date on Approval letter: waiting :shock:

more than 5 months and still no answer, i have sent an email for an update only get the one most of us getting: (All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 8th February 19, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.)
and few days after got a letter explaining that the checking process is not yet completed, any one one with the same situation and what does it mean.

faruk1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by faruk1989 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:44 am

azdino7 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:40 am
Date of application: 08/02/2019
Date Biometrics enrolled: 15/02/2019 UKVCAS new service appointment
Date on Approval letter: waiting :shock:

more than 5 months and still no answer, i have sent an email for an update only get the one most of us getting: (All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 8th February 19, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.)
and few days after got a letter explaining that the checking process is not yet completed, any one one with the same situation and what does it mean.
ask them if its been allocated to a caseworking team or not? and i would say to ask for help from your MP

Omyousif
Sudan

Post by Omyousif » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:28 am

faruk1989 wrote:
Omyousif wrote:
Good morning

My husband is a refugee and I came under family reunion visa so iam a refugee also

Omyousif
Sudan

Post by Omyousif » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:32 am

faruk1989 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:00 am
faruk1989 wrote:
Omyousif wrote:
Good morning

Also did u try and ring them up to chase your application?? And did they not send u a letter to confirm if its gonna take more than 6 months??
I rang them this morning and the gentleman who answered the phone took my details and then said he can't give me any information and I will be contacting via email in the next five working days, that is all
I didn't receive any letter said I have to wait longer but my husband received one.

faruk1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by faruk1989 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:34 am

Omyousif wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:32 am
faruk1989 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:00 am
faruk1989 wrote:
Omyousif wrote:
Good morning

I rang them this morning and the gentleman who answered the phone took my details and then said he can't give me any information and I will be contacting via email in the next five working days, that is all
I didn't receive any letter said I have to wait longer but my husband received one.

Please email your MP or ring their offices. they will surely chase it up for you. they have a dedicated team in Home office.

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:58 am

anyone still waiting from the start to mid march application time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:01 pm

nasiaziz wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:58 am
I suggest keep an eye on the March timeline topic rather than causing this General Discussion one becoming yet another annoying low value posts of 'any update', 'anyone applied in x month' one, which will cause it to be locked permanently!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:54 pm

nasiaziz wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:58 am
hi guys got my approval today good luck to all waiting finally got rid of the homeoffice for life time,