ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No visa for a baby born in uk beyond 3 months

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

polymerguy
Newly Registered

No visa for a baby born in uk beyond 3 months

Post by polymerguy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:58 pm

Hello,
this forum have been extremenly useful during my last 5 years while in the UK.
However I could not find the answer to the possibility of a baby born in UK to stay without visa (only birth certificate) more than 3 months while waiting for her parents to get ILR.
The baby was born in April 2019 from tier 2 parents (general + dependant visa). BRP expiry date is 15 November 2019. Parents are elegible for ILR from May 2019, but are going to apply only in the end of July 2019. I know that baby will no longer have access to NHS after 3 month. Once ILR is granted we would like to apply for British Nationality for the baby using MN1 form. So what are the options for our baby whilst we are waiting for the ILR.

Many thanks in advance

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: No visa for a baby born in uk beyond 3 months

Post by gag285 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:42 pm

I do not think NHS enforces the three months rule or guidance. Your baby practically only needs the visa to re-enter. I had my first one and I did not apply for their leave until 7 months and there were no problems with NHS. Second one and I have recently applied (after 4 months). You should be absolutely fine. BTW I am on Tier 2 General.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:43 pm

An alternative to the IHS is to get adequate health insurance cover for child?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

polymerguy
Newly Registered

Post by polymerguy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:06 pm

Dear vinny and gag285,

many thanks for your valuable replies and time! This is very helpful indeed. So we will go on with our ILR applications.
Once the docs are submitted will the situation with NHS be similar to the one when a person applied for extension/new Tier 2 visa (in country) and during the waiting time his/her old visa/BRP expires but person will still be eligible to use NHS, correct?
Anyway I will look into getting a private health insurance for a baby just to be on a safe side..