ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Refused because of English Test

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ugurucandy
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Application Refused because of English Test

Post by Ugurucandy » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:42 am

I really dont get it here, HO refused my wife application because she didnt meet the English Criteria,they did not not accept the advance certificate course she did in the UK for 2yrs, but she met all other criteria. Now this is the problem, the HO is having her passport and without the passport she cant take the english, the have refused to return her passport, now the question is how will she take the english seems they have refused to return her passport. please l need an idea, she was given an appeal.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Application Refused because of English Test

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:35 am

What exactly did she apply for, spouse visa extension or ILR?
they did not not accept the advance certificate course she did in the UK for 2yrs
What course and certificate is this exactly??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ugurucandy
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ugurucandy » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:54 pm

Yes she applied spouse Visa extension. And she put Advance health and Social including English and Maths she did also.. We were give an appeal which we have lounged in but now she want to take the English and reapply again, but HO retained her biometric Card and passport. Refused to return her passport to use and take the exam. We re distress and don’t know what to do..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:15 pm

And she put Advance health and Social including English and Maths she did also..

HO is clear that only the tests on their approved list are acceptable to meet the English requirement OR a UK Degree. A simple certificate or diploma course is not sufficient. So she failed to meet the requirements completely. How this was missed on the application form is not clear.
We were give an appeal which we have lounged in but now she want to take the English and reapply again, but HO retained her biometric Card and passport. Refused to return her passport to use and take the exam. We re distress and don’t know what to do..
Did you ask for the passport to be returned in order for her to do the exam?? Unlikely an appeal will succeed as you failed to submit a mandatory required test.

Is her last visa expired or still valid??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrshh
Mood:
Mauritius

Post by mrshh » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:33 pm

Ugurucandy wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:54 pm
Yes she applied spouse Visa extension. And she put Advance health and Social including English and Maths she did also.. We were give an appeal which we have lounged in but now she want to take the English and reapply again, but HO retained her biometric Card and passport. Refused to return her passport to use and take the exam. We re distress and don’t know what to do..
I was in the same situation but HO returned my passport so that I can take the test. I was then required to send back my passport within 60 days.

I had submitted the request via this link https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml. They will then email you to confirm whether you have loadged an appeal.

If I'm not mistaken, they will only send it back if you confirm that you have lodged an appeal within 14 days of the refusal letter.

I lodged an appeal (paper only) and then after 2 months they dismissed the appeal saying that I should have submitted the correct certificate when I applied.

Ugurucandy
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ugurucandy » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:42 pm

Thanks soo much, we have lodged an appeal, will try again to request for her passport! As she takes the English we will reapply again I think it will favour her in that way seems she met every other requirements apart from the English Language!!
Thanks sooo very helpful.

Ugurucandy
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ugurucandy » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:45 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:15 pm
And she put Advance health and Social including English and Maths she did also..

HO is clear that only the tests on their approved list are acceptable to meet the English requirement OR a UK Degree. A simple certificate or diploma course is not sufficient. So she failed to meet the requirements completely. How this was missed on the application form is not clear.
We were give an appeal which we have lounged in but now she want to take the English and reapply again, but HO retained her biometric Card and passport. Refused to return her passport to use and take the exam. We re distress and don’t know what to do..
Did you ask for the passport to be returned in order for her to do the exam?? Unlikely an appeal will succeed as you failed to submit a mandatory required test.

Is her last visa expired or still valid??
Yes her last visa has expired with them, we have lodged an appeal, will try again to request for the passport, we see what they will say..
thanks sooo much, sooo helpful!!

Ugurucandy
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Ugurucandy » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:47 pm

And please whats the correct English test, required as we don’t want to make another mistake as she gets her passport.
Thanks everyone, this forum is sooo helpful!! Will come back after we done everything x

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:39 am

Ugurucandy wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:47 pm
And please whats the correct English test, required as we don’t want to make another mistake as she gets her passport.
What English test did she submit the 1st time she applied for the spouse visa? Because if she submitted a Life Skills IELTS A1, she should be doing the A2 this time.

mrshh
Mood:
Mauritius

Post by mrshh » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:50 pm

Ugurucandy wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:47 pm
Thanks everyone, this forum is sooo helpful!! Will come back after we done everything x
I personally took B1 test as it can be used for ILR later (provided they do no change the rules). B1 is more advanced than A1 and A2 but according to my experience, there is not much of a difference between A1 and B1 test. It will cost £150 just like the other tests. I have just submitted my application using the B1 test certificate and my spouse visa extension has been granted.