ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Naric for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AJ100
Newly Registered
India

UK Naric for spouse visa

Post by AJ100 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:47 pm

Hello,

I'm applying for my wife's spouse via using the red route and I would appreciate if someone could clarify the service type I need to select for the qualification to be assessed UK NARIC as being equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree or higher, for English language exemption.
My wife has completed her Master's degree in Business Administration and awarding body is Marashi Dayanand University Rohtak, India.

1. Statement of Comparability

2. Visa and Nationality service

3. English Language Assessment

It is not clear which category I need to select or the combination of above 3

Also, do I need to to provide documentation of the Bachelors Degree as well as it was mentioned in one of the forum.

I'll appreciate a response and guidance.

Many thanks,
AJ

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Naric for spouse visa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:59 pm

You need option 2, English and comparable assessment. Costs £150. The. You submit the naric assessments and degree cert for the spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AJ100
Newly Registered
India

Post by AJ100 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:52 am

Thank you very much!

AJ100
Newly Registered
India

Re: spouse visa

Post by AJ100 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:38 am

Dear All,

Apologies in advance if any of the topics have already been discussed, but I could not find any reference.
I'm in the process of arranging documents as a sponsor for the spouse visa for my wife.

Could senior members or anyone with similar experience please clarify below points.

1. I'm about to rent a Grany Annex flat which has its own living room, Spam, bathroom and bedroom but is connected to the main property by a corridor. Council tax, water, Internet included. So my question is, do I need to also list other house members on Visa form who occupy the other part of the house? I will have the NOC letter from the landlord and also will have the property inspection report from the estates' agent that property is suitable and not overcrowded. We are thinking of applying in 1st week of Agust, and I will be moving in at the end of this month. Could some please advise on this, please?

2. To meet the English requirement we recently had the Bachelor's Degree verified by UK NARIC and the meets the required level of C1. My concern is, the Bachelor degree is laminated, so would this create any issue as NARIC has already verified the Degree?

3. Do we need wedding photographs to fulfil the relationship requirement? We got married in June at a local mosque in India followed by marriage registration at the local council office. We can provide the marriage certificate, photos of us being together (4 different occasions) but not in the traditional wedding costume as we are planning to have the ceremony done in September, so will this be an issue? We will be submitting chat history call logs, my flight tickets to India, with copies of immigration stamp of my passport. Call history etc.

4. We are planning to have the biometric done in Delhi, so could someone please clarify if we need to submit documents at VFS Delhi?

5. Do I need to get copies of passport and BRP apostatised as a sponsor?

Thank you all in advance for your help, and any advise and help will be highly appreciated.

Best wishes,
AJ

AJ100
Newly Registered
India

Spouse visa

Post by AJ100 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:32 pm

Hello All,

Could anyone please clarify any one the points, please?

Thank you,
AJ

AJ100
Newly Registered
India

Spouse visa

Post by AJ100 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:32 pm

Hello All,

Could anyone please clarify any one the points, please?

Thank you,
AJ

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: spouse visa

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:41 pm

AJ100 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:38 am
Dear All,

Apologies in advance if any of the topics have already been discussed, but I could not find any reference.
I'm in the process of arranging documents as a sponsor for the spouse visa for my wife.

Could senior members or anyone with similar experience please clarify below points.

1. I'm about to rent a Grany Annex flat which has its own living room, Spam, bathroom and bedroom but is connected to the main property by a corridor. Council tax, water, Internet included. So my question is, do I need to also list other house members on Visa form who occupy the other part of the house? I will have the NOC letter from the landlord and also will have the property inspection report from the estates' agent that property is suitable and not overcrowded. We are thinking of applying in 1st week of Agust, and I will be moving in at the end of this month. Could some please advise on this, please?

2. To meet the English requirement we recently had the Bachelor's Degree verified by UK NARIC and the meets the required level of C1. My concern is, the Bachelor degree is laminated, so would this create any issue as NARIC has already verified the Degree?

3. Do we need wedding photographs to fulfil the relationship requirement? We got married in June at a local mosque in India followed by marriage registration at the local council office. We can provide the marriage certificate, photos of us being together (4 different occasions) but not in the traditional wedding costume as we are planning to have the ceremony done in September, so will this be an issue? We will be submitting chat history call logs, my flight tickets to India, with copies of immigration stamp of my passport. Call history etc.

4. We are planning to have the biometric done in Delhi, so could someone please clarify if we need to submit documents at VFS Delhi?

5. Do I need to get copies of passport and BRP apostatised as a sponsor?

Thank you all in advance for your help, and any advise and help will be highly appreciated.

Best wishes,
AJ
1. If bedroom, Spam, toilet is in your exclusive use then no need to give the details of other connected properties. Also add tenancy agreement with noc letter and house inspection report.

2.Use naric red route to get the statement of comparability and English proficiency letter.

3.Without marriage pictures caseworker might mistakenly think that you hadn't met in person when marrying so these are very important along with family group pictures.

4. Contact them about it otherwise sponsor can also scan, upload and send through his/her vfs centre in uk

5. Preferably do it
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AJ100
Newly Registered
India

Post by AJ100 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:55 am

Thank you Seagul for clarifying it.

I already have the Bachelor's degree verified using the red route.

We do not have the ceremony pictures yet but we can provide pictures of us being together from 4 different occasions when I visited India. I can also provide flight tickets and immigration stamps of my passport, I can also provide chat longs. We are planning to have the ceremony done in September and I can also provide the flight tickets to confirm I will travelling to India to see my wife. Could I explain this in the sponsor letter?
Please advise.

Many Thanks,
AJ

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:53 am

AJ100 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:55 am
Thank you Seagul for clarifying it.

I already have the Bachelor's degree verified using the red route.

We do not have the ceremony pictures yet but we can provide pictures of us being together from 4 different occasions when I visited India. I can also provide flight tickets and immigration stamps of my passport, I can also provide chat longs. We are planning to have the ceremony done in September and I can also provide the flight tickets to confirm I will travelling to India to see my wife. Could I explain this in the sponsor letter?
Please advise.

Many Thanks,
AJ
Although you might have sufficient subsisting relationship evidences but caseworker may not be satisfied that you both actually met in person when were marrying without the wedding pictures on wedding day. Someone very recently refused on same ground who was given wrong advice to not attach these.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:01 am

AJ100
Newly Registered
India

Post by AJ100 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:32 am

Thank you Seagul, very helpful.
So if we make an application around 1st week of September as our ceremony is planed mid-Sep and submit the documents at VFS Delhi before the end of September, do you think it will be a better option?
I will be travelling India, therefore will not be able to submit documents from the UK.
I will have all the documents as sponsor dated around 1st week which should comply with the 28 days rule from the date of application?

Many thanks again.
AJ.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:37 pm

AJ100 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:32 am
Thank you Seagul, very helpful.
So if we make an application around 1st week of September as our ceremony is planed mid-Sep and submit the documents at VFS Delhi before the end of September, do you think it will be a better option?
I will be travelling India, therefore will not be able to submit documents from the UK.
I will have all the documents as sponsor dated around 1st week which should comply with the 28 days rule from the date of application?

Many thanks again.
AJ.
Not sure that whether will it work through subsequent ceremonies because caseworker need to be convinced that at the time of wedding you both met each other in person which is the main requirement. I don't think that anyone will be ready to believe that a person not even have few pictures even on basic/simplest wedding.

AJ100
Newly Registered
India

Post by AJ100 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:54 am

Thanks Seagul.
We have pictures to prove me have met on the occasion but not in the traditional wedding customer.

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:10 am

AJ100 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:54 am
Thanks Seagul.
We have pictures to prove me have met on the occasion but not in the traditional wedding customer.
As Seagul has suggested, I would also recommend you to have wedding photos for your application. I didn't have a traditional ceremony either, just a civil registration at The City Hall. However, I had a special photo session at the place and those were the photos I included.

If you don't have many of them, or just 4, why don't you wait until your wedding party has taken place in September to submit your application :)? It will be safer, as I also read on this forum that someone's visa was refused for not having wedding photos.

AJ100
Newly Registered
India

Post by AJ100 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:13 pm

Thanks Jaune08.
Yes, will certainly include these as I do want to take any chances.
Did you submit the documents at VFS or Sheffield? I read somewhere in the form they do not accept documents at Sheffield anymore?
Could anyone please clarify the 28 days rule for the documents? Should the documents be dated within the 28 days period from the online application date when submitting the documents at VFS?

Thank you!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:25 pm

AJ100 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:13 pm
the documents be dated within the 28 days period from the online application date

AJ100
Newly Registered
India

Post by AJ100 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:32 am

Thanks Seagul.
Could we submit documents predating the online application date but still within the 28 days period?
Any idea, how quickly we can get the biometric appointment at the VFS centre once the application is made?

Many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:22 pm

AJ100 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:32 am
Thanks Seagul.
Could we submit documents predating the online application date but still within the 28 days period?
You can only scan & upload them yourself in advance which will be submitted by VFS centre on the day of biometric.
AJ100 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:32 am

Any idea, how quickly we can get the biometric appointment at the VFS centre once the application is made?

Many thanks
Free appointments may not be easily available but paid appointments or appointments at different cities may be easily available.

AJ100
Newly Registered
India

Post by AJ100 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:46 pm

[/quote]
You can only scan & upload them yourself in advance which will be submitted by VFS centre on the day of biometric.

Thanks Seagul.

You can only scan & upload them yourself in advance which will be submitted by VFS centre on the day of biometric

Could you please clarify the above please and apologies if the question was not clear from my side.
Could we submit documents predating the online application date but still within 28 days period? e.g
Online application date 28.07.2019 and submit document dated 12.07.2019?

Many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:06 pm

AJ100 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:46 pm

Online application date 28.07.2019 and submit document dated 12.07.2019?
Yes because they aren't older than 28 days from the date of application.

AJ100
Newly Registered
India

Post by AJ100 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:42 am

Dear All,

Could please someone clarifies the correct application online form to be used for the spouse visa for application made in the outside UK (INDIA)?

From the government website, it suggested below website to be used for Appendix FM Partner

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... appendixfm

or

Should be Visa4UK

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

Also, it was pointed to me that the documents can be submitted during biometrics appointment, its dependence on the centre you choose. Could someone please clarify this further and has anyone submitted documents at VFS Delhi for the spouse visa. I am planning to travel to India and will be unable to submit supporting documents in any of the UK VFS centres.
Is there a way to confirm the document submission process, please?

Many thanks in Advance.
AJ