ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Born Child British Citizenship Registration

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

n.bollepogu

UK Born Child British Citizenship Registration

Post by n.bollepogu » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:56 pm

Hi All,

I'm on ILR VISA and now applying for son's British Citizenship who born in UK when i was on Tier-2 General. Application type is "Apply for registration of a child under 18 as a
British citizen
"

I've checked other threads regading referees for child applicants. but just want to get confident and suggestion from you.

GP and Health visitor refused to provide details. My son is just 13months now, not sure who can help us signing in refere details.

Thanks,
Naresh

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: UK Born Child British Citizenship Registration

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:44 am

Anyone who dealt with the child professionally like staff at nursery
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

n.bollepogu

Post by n.bollepogu » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:22 am

Thanks Zimba.

Baby is just 13 months old, we didn't take him to any nursery yet.

we have a neighbor known since last 20months and sh is Town councillor. Can she be the first referee?.

I'm into IT/Software. Planning to get my colleague details for second referee. Would that be okay?.

Thanks,
Naresh

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:39 am

For child applicants at least one of the referees must be a person who has dealt with
the child in a professional role such as a teacher, doctor, health visitor or social
worker. Where a child cannot provide a referee who has dealt with them in a
professional capacity and has provided documents to show that they have attempted
to do so
, you can accept 2 referees who meet the criteria for referees on adult
applications.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

n.bollepogu

Post by n.bollepogu » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:54 pm

Thanks Zambi.

Then I will request a confirmation in written from GP and Health Visitor and upload them as part of the application. Would that be okay? or cover letter with reasons should do?

as mentioned previosly, those two referees are eligible i think?.

Thanks,
Naresh

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:25 pm

You should get letters from health professionals who refused. Then continue with two references: one being a British citizen and the other a person with an acceptable profession

n.bollepogu

Post by n.bollepogu » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:42 am

Hi Zimba,

I got a letter from GP providing reason for refusal and received EMail confirmation from Health Visitor as well .

will this email confirmation be okay to provide as "proof of an attempt"?.

Thanks,
Naresh

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:25 pm

Yes it should be fine

n.bollepogu

Post by n.bollepogu » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:18 pm

Hi Zimba,

I've answered 'NO' for bewow and provided last 5years addresses of parents. would that be okay?.

Have you lived at your current address for 5 years?

Thanks,
Naresh

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:59 pm

There is no requirement for a child to show address

n.bollepogu

Post by n.bollepogu » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:02 pm

Hi Zimba,

We've received below email after submiting BC online application.
==============================================================
Dear MR ****,

Case ID: ****
Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.

It may take up to six months to make a decision on your case. If we are unable to process your application within six months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information on our service standards and other information which may relate to your application.

Please note that this is an automated response confirming receipt of your application and does not accept responses. Please do not reply to this email.

If there is a change in your circumstances, we kindly ask that you only contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

Permanent migration team
================================================================

we still yet to upload documents and attend UKVCAS appointment. Is this special for BC registration? we didn't recieve any kind of this for our previous ILR applications. I believe the process is same for any type of application - online application and payment, document upload on UKVCAS, Biometric appointment at UKVCAS center etc.

Thanks,
Naresh

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:30 pm

It is normal