ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visa from Oman - please help!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

questions999
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK visa from Oman - please help!

Post by questions999 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:28 am

Hello! I have been researching visitor visas for my boyfriend to visit from Oman. He is originally from Egypt, is studying pharmacy in Oman and his mother and father are living in Oman too due to work. I have so many questions, everything I read contradicts each other and now I am just very confused. We can't ask the embassy in oman as he tried and they said they didn't know anything. Here are our main questions:
  • Do we disclose our relationship on the visa application? We don't want to lie at all but I've read so many horror stories about visas being refused due to mentioning knowing someone in the country, especially romantic relationships. How can we prove his intent to return, I've read that sometimes schooling or family ties isn't enough. Especially as he is currently in a country that isn't his own, and he isn't employed. Do we not mention it at all, and if so will that cause problems later on in the line if we decide to go through with a marriage visa?

His father will be financing the trip, do we need to show proof of employment (pay slips) as well as bank statements? He doesn't work or have any money as his father is paying during schooling, will that be a problem? Do we need a hand written signed letter from his father saying he plans to pay for the trip and why he'll pay?

I've seen that you shouldn't send anything they don't ask for, but then how do we show extra supporting documents like letters?
Thank you so much

epani
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: UK visa from Oman - please help!

Post by epani » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:16 pm

Don't mention anything about you. You are neither sponsoring nor inviting him.
Let him apply as a pure tourist. He can show all documents that relate to work in Oman and provide a covering letter stating his tourism to UK as an intention for visit. He can show college letter, parents to be taken care etc. In short he has to apply as a tourist.

epani
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: UK visa from Oman - please help!

Post by epani » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:18 pm

He can show his parents bank statement with sufficient funds for itinerary propsed. You can submit detailed covering letter that his dad is sponsoring etc etc.