ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Had my son’s application cancelled because he’s an EU citizen

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

birkeneve
Canada

Surinder Singh Route

Post by birkeneve » Fri May 24, 2019 5:33 pm

My story:

I have lived in Norway for 14 years with a permanent residence card, I have a son who is 11 and holds Norwegian and Canadian citizenship.I have sole custody for my son and I have a letter from the tax office translated into English stating this, as well as a visitation agreement showing when my son will visit his father (ex-husband), during our time in Norway and when we move to the UK with my UK husband and daughter. My UK husband came to Norway in 2012 for work and we met/became a couple in 2013, married in 2018. Should I apply for the Surinder Singh route and include my son on the application or should he have his own application as he will get the certificate because he's an EEA citizen?

Thanks.

doury
United Kingdom

Re: Surinder Singh Route

Post by doury » Mon May 27, 2019 7:11 am

I think you can apply under Surinder Singh and your son should apply under the online settlement schedule as he is a eu citizens the Surinder Singh is for non eu family members of British partner who live in another eu country and returned to the uk

birkeneve
Canada

Post by birkeneve » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:29 pm

Hello again

As of today, I have applied for both my son and I to move with my UK husband and daughter to England. I included our tax returns from last year that show our mutual address and I included a copy of the letter from the Tax Office in Norway that shows our residency at our mutual address since we moved to our current county. I included my daughter's birth certificate along with a translated copy of our parental responsibility. I also included my name change after we got married. Neither of us are part of any club or anything like that so could that affect our application?

For my son's application, I included the tax office proof of custody showing only myself as having responsibility over him. I also added a notarized letter that the father and I signed stating that I have sole custody and the arrangements when we move to the UK. Now his step-father is going to be the sponsor of course, so I included a little letter stating that I am applying as well and included my reference number. Is that good enough? I'm not sure how else I can prove that my son and husband are connected. I included that list of addresses from the tax office in his application.

We have our biometrics appointment in two weeks and I have uploaded a lot of stuff. Should I bring the originals? I saved pdfs of EVERYTHING on a portable hd to bring just in case.

I'm not sure what else I can do to prove that we have a connection here in Norway. Time is now crunching down on us as I am expecting a baby in February and we really want to have it in England so we are with family. Will it take very long? Thanks in advance.

birkeneve
Canada

Post by birkeneve » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:08 am

Anyone?

jestew
Mood:
United States of America

Post by jestew » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:33 am

greetings,

unless things have changed significantly since I had my biometrics appointment from my EEA family permit in 2014 you won't need to bring any supporting evidence with you. Also there was nothing I could do to speed up the application process.

I know how worrying it can be with the uncertainty of the immigration process and especially when you are expecting a new baby! May it all go smoothly for your family.
09/05/14 EEA FP granted
26/08/14 EEA RP granted
23/08/19 SS Application submitted
24/09/19 Biometrics submitted
06/11/19: CoA
21/11/19: Email that Settled Status granted
22/11/19: BRC by courier

birkeneve
Canada

Post by birkeneve » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:23 pm

Well now things are getting murkier. Johnson is the PM and he wants out of the EU by October 31. I’m scared now my husband and daughter will have to leave us behind.

birkeneve
Canada

Had my son’s application cancelled because he’s an EU citizen

Post by birkeneve » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:53 pm

My son holds Canadian and Norwegian citizenship. We went to biometrics today and she said he doesn’t need to apply so she said I need to cancel his application. She said we can just take him with and move to the UK. I’m a bit concerned.

luhpaoli
United Kingdom

Re: Had my son’s application cancelled because he’s an EU citizen

Post by luhpaoli » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:24 pm

Hi, Norway has an agreement that allows its citizens free movement he doesn't need any visa to come to the UK, the UK hasn't left the EU yet and no one knows if October 31 will be the last day EU citizens can enter the UK without a visa.
Don't create more unnecessary problems or stress for you.
Once you two are the UK you both can apply for the pre-settled status.

birkeneve
Canada

Post by birkeneve » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:36 am

I have to have a visa so I can’t go until I get the ok :(

luhpaoli
United Kingdom

Post by luhpaoli » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:00 pm

Yes, you need the visa to enter, but for now, your son doesn't.