ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dnz34
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by dnz34 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:44 pm

Hi again,

I just need a advice please.

I’m filling the British citizenship form I’m married with bc but I want to go for 5 year rout as absences are too much for 3 years. Also I’ve my IRL in 2017. I’ve been in UK 11 years.

Can I apply under 5 year route ? If I can how ?

Thanks in advance

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:31 am

nasiaziz wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:54 pm
nasiaziz wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:58 am
anyone still waiting from the start to mid march application time.
hi guys got my approval today good luck to all waiting finally got rid of the homeoffice for life time,
Congratulations nasiaziz!!

ChristoforosP
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Post by ChristoforosP » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:59 am

Hi all!

I received an email from my local council today saying that they received my certificate and I can now book my ceremony. I booked it for next Thursday the 1st of August.

I don't have my approval letter yet and the confirmation email from the council says that I need to have it with me on the day of the ceremony.

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the approval letter and if there is a chance it won't arrive on time for the ceremony?

Thanks!

Djuliane
Chad

Post by Djuliane » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:50 pm

ChristoforosP wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:59 am
Hi all!

I received an email from my local council today saying that they received my certificate and I can now book my ceremony. I booked it for next Thursday the 1st of August.

I don't have my approval letter yet and the confirmation email from the council says that I need to have it with me on the day of the ceremony.

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the approval letter and if there is a chance it won't arrive on time for the ceremony?

Thanks!
Hopefully you will receive this Friday or Saturday and Monday because letters always came in the weekends or Monday

Djuliane
Chad

Post by Djuliane » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:51 pm

ChristoforosP wrote:
Hi all!

Thanks!
How long you been waiting for your application ?

ChristoforosP
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Post by ChristoforosP » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:12 pm

Djuliane wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:51 pm
ChristoforosP wrote:
Hi all!

Thanks!
How long you been waiting for your application ?
I applied on the 26th April and I emailed the HO last Thursday to ask for an update and that's when they said that they sent out the letter that day.

samibano123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by samibano123 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:42 am

samibano123 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:13 am
CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:42 pm
samibano123 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:28 pm
Hi Guys,

I was granted ILR on October 2018 since I am married to a British citizen I immediately applied for British citizenship by naturalisation when I passed the Life in the UK test. Before the ILR status, I was on a five years refugee visa and I was holding a travel document UN 1951 which expired on 18/04/2018. I did not apply for a new travel document when I had the ILR permit granted, I thought this may complicate my naturalisation process and I was expecting to get that in maximum six months. Now it is been seven months (applied on 19/12/2018) since I applied for the citizenship, I contacted the Home office to get an update, they replied me the followings “Our enquiries into your application are ongoing. Once your application is with a caseworker you will be contacted”.
I contacted them a couple of times more after the first follow-up and they said the status remains the same.

I am not sure how long more this may take therefore I am planning to apply for a new travel document but I don’t know if I am allowed to apply for it based on my current residency status (ILR) while my citizenship application is ongoing, if I apply for this document do I need to notify citizenship department or does this conflict with my citizenship application.

I really appreciate if can someone advise me on this matter, please.

Thank you.
Did you submit evidence of meeting the B1 English requirement AND the liuk test???
Thank you for your reply, Yes I did, I have got a master degree from a UK university, I submitted a copy of my higher education certificate and the original Life in the UK result. My question is to get a new travel document while my British citizenship application is ongoing, first of all can I apply for a new travel document based on my current residency status (ILR), also if I apply for this document do I need to notify citizenship department or does this conflict with my citizenship application.
I would appreciate if can someone advise me on this matter, please

dnz34
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by dnz34 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:09 pm

I`d appreciate if can someone advise me please !!

im applying British citizenship and i want ukvi consider my application under 5 year route( im married with bc )
if i just provide 5 year documents and 5 yeas absences in the form will that be ok ?
my absences are exceed more than 300, less than 450 last 3 years (372 days) thats why im choosing 5 year route.

regards.

Ali12035
Germany

Post by Ali12035 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:36 pm

Good Evening to All.

I applied for myself and 2 children under 18 on 03/06/2019. I sent an email to HO for progress of children’s MN1 registration and my AN1 they replied my email as,

Thank you for submitting an application to the UK Visas & Immigration. Your application has been received and will be processed in due course.

What does this means?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:40 pm

Ali12035 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:36 pm
Good Evening to All.

I applied for myself and 2 children under 18 on 03/06/2019. I sent an email to HO for progress of children’s MN1 registration and my AN1 they replied my email as,

Thank you for submitting an application to the UK Visas & Immigration. Your application has been received and will be processed in due course.

What does this means?

Thanks
It is not a cryptic email. It means exactly what it says, your application will be processed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

44Ranier
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by 44Ranier » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:27 pm

The longest wait of my life 4months and finally the brown envelope arrived! Thanks everyone here especially those who posted about emailing HO its actually beta you remind them about your applications! Anyway thx guys

Heitomorrow
United Kingdom

Post by Heitomorrow » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:06 pm

People applied in January, February, March and who are still awaiting for a decision, please share your timeline and you experience on contacting HO and their response.

This will help for long-waiting applicants to get some clue and to know what’s going inside

Many thanks

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:37 pm

Hi people,

I send an email again to HO regarding any update on my application, they have just replied back and asked for my Case ID, as i applied online i haven't been given any sort of Reference number or Case ID ect.

Could any of you guys assist me with this please?

You're help in this matter much appreciated.

Heitomorrow
United Kingdom

Post by Heitomorrow » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:42 pm

sam86ds wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:37 pm
Hi people,

I send an email again to HO regarding any update on my application, they have just replied back and asked for my Case ID, as i applied online i haven't been given any sort of Reference number or Case ID ect.

Include your case ID, full name, date of birth and application date for update request.

Heitomorrow
United Kingdom

Post by Heitomorrow » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:46 pm

sam86ds wrote:
Hi people,

You might received a case ID via email soon after your application submission.

If you didn’t received a one then write them with your full name, date of birth, nationality and date of application with explain that you didn't received a case ID

sam86ds
Mood:
United States of America

Post by sam86ds » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:53 pm

Heitomorrow wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:46 pm
sam86ds wrote:
Hi people,

You might received a case ID via email soon after your application submission.

If you didn’t received a one then write them with your full name, date of birth, nationality and date of application with explain that you didn't received a case ID
Thank you to you both, i have sent my full details again and then after couple of minutes they replied back with the same and generic email which is saying :

Thank you for your e-mail.

All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 1th April 19, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

bskpnr2019
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by bskpnr2019 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:33 pm

hello everybody,
I have been having a bi bad luck with my application.
I am married to BC and on my application I only provided last 3 years of the dates I was out of the UK. Unluckily when date of application was the same date 3 years ago i was on holiday out of the UK.
I have received below email requesting sending the form again but I am not sure how to send it again,
Do i need to add my last 5 years details in and out of the UK?
i tried logging in again my application but nor sure how to amend or add more info on the same form. what would you advise anyone can help please ?
thank you in advance for your help

Your application was received on 20/06/2019, and so your qualifying period is
from 21/06/2016 to 20/06/2019.
According to your application form, you left the United Kingdom on 16/06/2016
and returned on 03/07/2016.
As you were not in the United Kingdom on 20/06/2019, this requirement is not
met.
However, if you wish to send the attached copy of your submitted application
form back to this email address, we will be able to continue our consideration.
Your application date will be the date that your re-declared application form is
sent back to the email address and, to avoid any further problems, the
application form should be returned before 12/08/2019.
If you do not reply by the due date your application will be refused on the
grounds that you do not meet the statutory residence requirements for
naturalisation, as you were not in the UK on the first day of the residential
qualifying period.
If you have difficulty providing the information requested, you should contact us
by email or letter as soon as possible.
Please only contact us where absolutely necessary, e.g. where you require the
urgent return of documents. If you need to notify us of a change of address or a
change of circumstances,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:35 pm

bskpnr2019 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:33 pm
hello everybody,
I am married to BC and on my application I only provided last 3 years of the dates I was out of the UK. Unluckily when date of application was the same date 3 years ago i was on holiday out of the UK.
I have received below email requesting sending the form again but I am not sure how to send it again,
i tried logging in again my application but nor sure how to amend or add more info on the same form. what would you advise anyone can help please ?

met.
Your application date will be the date that your re-declared application form is
qualifying period.
If you have difficulty providing the information requested, you should contact us
urgent return of documents. If you need to notify us of a change of address or a
change of circumstances,
The email clearly states they attached the document to the email!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sam1234567
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sam1234567 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:05 pm

Hi

I have applied by post on the 1st of February on a refugee route, done my biometrics on 27th of feb, till this date i have not received a decision yet. I contacted homeoffice by email twice, they replies to my emails by post. First letter was two weeks ago, they stated that they r carrying ordinary checks on my application and as soon as they get the results will make a decision as soon as possible. And second reply i got was today stated the same thing but letter was more in detail and was from the SCD- special cases on behalf of the Home Secretary. I just want to know if anyone had similar replies because im starting to worry as i need a decision asap because i cant even get a new job and i have not done nothing wrong at all, any advice?

bskpnr2019
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by bskpnr2019 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:37 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:35 pm
bskpnr2019 wrote:
hello everybody,

met.
qualifying period.
change of circumstances,
thank you for your reply,
do i need to print the form and just amend the application date by hand writing and re send it?is that all.i couldn't understand stressed out :((

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:50 pm

bskpnr2019 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:37 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:35 pm
bskpnr2019 wrote:
hello everybody,

met.
qualifying period.
change of circumstances,
thank you for your reply,
do i need to print the form and just amend the application date by hand writing and re send it?is that all.i couldn't understand stressed out :((
What did HO attach to the Email?? Whatever it is, then yes print and sign it with the new (today/tomorrow) date and scan and send it back.

Make sure that whatever date you sign that you were physically present in 2016.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

faruk1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by faruk1989 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:53 pm

I sent an email to HO today asking for an update and below is the reply i received within an hour.

Thank you for your e-mail

You will be contacted by post within 21 working days.

Thank you

FMT

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group

I dont know what will that be. But, I sent my application on 4th April 2019. biometric was on 18th April 2019. Last week when i emailed them they just kept sending me the email below And also in one of the email the person who replied me did confirm that your application is not with a case worker.

All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 4th April 19, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

Heitomorrow
United Kingdom

Post by Heitomorrow » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:10 pm

faruk1989 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:53 pm
I sent an email to HO today asking for an update and below is the reply i received within an hour.

Thank you

FMT

I dont know what will that be. But, I sent my application on 4th April 2019. biometric was on 18th April 2019. Last week when i emailed them they just kept sending me the email below And also in one of the email the person who replied me did confirm that your application is not with a case worker.

All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order. As you application was received on 4th April 19, It will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your application is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker.

Congratulations Faruk1989

faruk1989
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by faruk1989 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:23 pm

Heitomorrow wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:10 pm
faruk1989 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:53 pm

Thank you

FMT

Congratulations Faruk1989
I hope it will be approval @Heitomorrow. Only thing im concerned about is my referees declaration as i uploaded them after the UKVCAS appointment within half an hour. So HO might ask me to send the hard copy and it could delay the decision. But fingers crossed and i hope that i should get the approval

Heitomorrow
United Kingdom

Post by Heitomorrow » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:41 pm

additional documents only request by the caseworker and it won’t take 3 weeks to land you so It’s your approval bro