ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling back to UK alone with EEA Family Permit?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maverick228
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Traveling back to UK alone with EEA Family Permit?

Post by Maverick228 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:35 am

So I am currently in the UK with my father but I will be travelling to Europe for holidays in a few weeks. I don't see a problem leaving the UK because I do have a EU Residence card but what I'm afraid about is whether they will let me back in the UK.

My EEA Permit visa states that I am to be "accompanied" by my father to the UK but obviously I will be traveling alone both ways while my father will remain in the UK for the period of my vacation. I read conflicting information online, some people had no issues traveling alone and some were even refused entry onto the plane. Can anyone please explain how this will work?

kamoe
European Union

Re: Traveling back to UK alone with EEA Family Permit?

Post by kamoe » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:49 pm

Maverick228 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:35 am
My EEA Permit visa states that I am to be "accompanied" by my father to the UK
That's not what it says. It says that the purpose of your entry in the UK is to accompany your father. That's a different thing.

You can get entry into the UK as long as the immigration officer is satisfied that your father is ordinarily resident in the UK, no matter if he's accompanying you on every trip or not. You'll likely be asked the quesiton of where your father is, and to that you simply respond the truth (at home, in your UK city of residence, etc.).
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.