ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

From Tier 2 to Tier4

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kontakenty
Newly Registered
Egypt

From Tier 2 to Tier4

Post by kontakenty » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi guys,
I am currently on a Tier 2 visa, and thinking of doing another Master's degree. I already have a Master's degree, but the other one I am interested in is completely different. Will that be allowed? I heard that immigration rules state that you have to apply for a higher degree than what you currently have. Is this true? So in my case, I would have to do a Phd, and not a Master's degree?

Also are students on Tier 4 visa not allowed to work part time?

Thanks.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: From Tier 2 to Tier4

Post by sah10406 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:46 am

kontakenty wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:14 pm
I already have a Master's degree, but the other one I am interested in is completely different. Will that be allowed? I heard that immigration rules state that you have to apply for a higher degree than what you currently have. Is this true? So in my case, I would have to do a Phd, and not a Master's degree?
In order to apply in the UK, the CAS would need to confirm that the new studies show academic progression from your previous studies with a Tier 4 or student visa. Whether your second Masters would be seens as academic progression on the previous one is a question for the potential Tier 4 sponsor.

If they do not consider it academic progression, they may still be happy to sponsor you, but you would need to apply in your home country not in the UK.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

kontakenty
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by kontakenty » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:06 pm

Why do I need to apply from my home country if I am here legally? I rarely ever go to Egypt. Why can I not apply from here?

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:24 am

kontakenty wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:06 pm
Why do I need to apply from my home country if I am here legally? I rarely ever go to Egypt. Why can I not apply from here?
To apply in the UK, the CAS must confirm academic progression. See my previous reply and the Tier 4 Policy Guidance, paragraphs 331 to 354.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.