ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Davin
Pakistan

Passport application

Post by Davin » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:23 pm

Hi all,

I will apply for my first British passport next week after naturalisation. I have read the guidance about photo requirement for passport and have one question.

I am aware I will have to upload a digital photo which I have taken myself. Just want to know if I will be required to post it with my documents as well. I haven't started my online application yet but if I am required to post it as well then I want to get it printed before I start my application.

Thanks for your help.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Passport application

Post by zimba » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:41 pm

No. Online application only requires a digital file and no prints are sent
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Davin
Pakistan

Post by Davin » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:44 pm

Thank you Zimba. Much appreciated.

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:48 pm

Davin wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:23 pm
Hi all,

I will apply for my first British passport next week after naturalisation. I have read the guidance about photo requirement for passport and have one question.

I am aware I will have to upload a digital photo which I have taken myself. Just want to know if I will be required to post it with my documents as well. I haven't started my online application yet but if I am required to post it as well then I want to get it printed before I start my application.

Thanks for your help.
I have a question please... Does the website tell you the specifications of the photo in terms of dimensions and background?

Davin
Pakistan

Post by Davin » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:09 pm

hamalt66 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:48 pm
Davin wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for your help.
I have a question please... Does the website tell you the specifications of the photo in terms of dimensions and background?

Yes, it does.

https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

hamalt66
Member of Standing

Post by hamalt66 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:10 pm

Davin wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:09 pm
hamalt66 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:48 pm
Davin wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks for your help.

Yes, it does.

https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports
Thank you, and good luck 👍

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:50 pm

hello
can the photograph taken at the photo booth be scanned and uploaded to online application?
or digital photograph is different?
thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:48 am

I advise against this as the quality could reduce dramatically. Some photo booths now also offer digital UK passport photo uploads directly to the UKVI system and give you a code to use when applying online. This enables the online application system to load your photo which you taken in the booth.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice