ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ref number after appplying HSMP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mallikz

Ref number after appplying HSMP

Post by mallikz » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:42 pm

Hi,

can someone please tell me, how (via email or post) and when will we get a Reference number after applying HSMP?

Do we need to contact them for this number? if yes what phone number should we call?

Thanks

rickname
Newly Registered

Post by rickname » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:07 pm

I got my ref number via email. It may be different for you, it just depends on which type of correspondence you specified on your application (i chose email). I waited about a week after they received my application/charged my card, then called HO to follow up (the number is all over this forum, just do a search for "0114") .

Home Office told me I would probably have the reference number in a week or so, and that they were running a little behind schedule. That was at the end of February, before the jump, and they are quite a bit more behind now. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes longer than a week.

I've tried to call back once since then to check status, but they told me that they wouldn't check status until the estimated 14 weeks had lapsed. I take it they are very busy trying to hammer through all the applications, so im trying to just be patient and wait it out.

mallikz

Post by mallikz » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:57 pm

Thank you.

but i have applied in July 08, in the new form there is no option for communication. May be they will sedn by post.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:02 pm

mallikz wrote:Thank you.

but i have applied in July 08, in the new form there is no option for communication. May be they will sedn by post.
July 08 ?? July 08 is only 9 days old...

Tier One has been in effect since July 2008 and application under T1 are made at local VAC (Visa application Centers). While applying at VAC, they give you the reference number.

What is missing?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:49 pm

How did you apply for HSMP in July '08, when the HSMP scheme was phased out (worldwide) on 29-Jun? Tier 1 (General) replaced HSMP world-wide on 30-Jun and that doesn't require that applications from outside UK be sent to UKBA office in UK.

If you did send an HSMP application to UK in July '08, it will be returned to you.

If you sent a Tier 1 application to UK (from outside UK), it will again be returned to you. If you made an in-country Tier 1 application (from within UK), you will receive a reference number by post.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

mallikz

Post by mallikz » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:52 pm

Thank you guys.

its my mistake i typed as HSMP but its a Tier1 General application.

I have sent a Tier1 General application on 8th July, and i have received a Ref number on 10th July by post.

now im waiting for a decision, dont know how much time it will take!!!

i will post the updates here.

Many thanks

mallikz

Post by mallikz » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:37 am

Any idea what are the current time lines for processing tier1 applications?

can i find some relevent info on UKBA site?

coolguyIndia

Post by coolguyIndia » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:54 am

this may help...

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/

mallikz wrote:Any idea what are the current time lines for processing tier1 applications?

can i find some relevent info on UKBA site?
Thanks & Best Regards