ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit for extended family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arya_uk
Portugal

EEA family permit for extended family member

Post by arya_uk » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:29 pm

Hi,

There are few topics already running in the forum but don't want to hijack from the OP.
In our case my wife is EU national with presettlement status including me and daughter, now the question, will it be advisable to apply for EU family permit for her cousin brother. He has been with her family since his birth as hers is a joint family.
Even now they are together living together in a single house, sharing the same address.
Any suggestions regarding this are highly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

secret.simon

Re: EEA family permit for extended family member

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:43 pm

Read through this thread to understand how the "member of a household" requirement is interpreted. However, please post the questions in this thread.

It does not mean living at the same address, but more on the lines of the EEA citizen and their spouse having responsibility for that household.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

arya_uk
Portugal

Re: EEA family permit for extended family member

Post by arya_uk » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:59 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:43 pm
Read through this thread to understand how the "member of a household" requirement is interpreted. However, please post the questions in this thread.

It does not mean living at the same address, but more on the lines of the EEA citizen and their spouse having responsibility for that household.
'The test for the membership of the household is whether you resided with the EEA citizen immediately prior to the EEA citizen's moving to the UK as a member of his household.

So, immediatly prior to the UK, where did your brother reside? Did you reside with him in that country?'

Thank you, Simon, for the reply.
Yes, the above thread provides substantial information about the member household and its definition. But in the same thread, your reply (highlighted above) mentions as member residing with EEA citizen prior to his/her moving to the UK.
When it comes to responsibility, EU citizens parents have had taken care of his needs, and as the parents are retired hence the EU citizen is providing the required support, so it's bit confusing and finds it vague(for me) to understand the member household and responsibility on the EU citizen.