ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British citizenship for child born abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

British citizenship for child born abroad

Post by TODMATT » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:51 am

I have a friend who had ILR before his child was born in Kenya but now he has British passport after the child was born. Is it possible for him to register his child as a BC under the discretion of the Home Secretary.

Your advice will be highly appreciated.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British citizenship for child born abroad

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:08 am

Simple answer, no.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:31 am

Thank you for your reply. My friend will need to apply for entry clearance for the child? or is there anyway round this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:22 am

Is the other parent also applying for a visa to come to the UK?

How old is the child??

There is no way around needing a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TODMATT
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by TODMATT » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:55 am

The child is 4yrs and the other parent is going to apply for spouse visa soon to the UK so I believe the sponsor need earning 22,400 in order to apply for entry clearance for both of them correct me if I’m wrong?

Another quick question please.

If you have been an overstayer in the UK while on visiting visa and you were granted 10 years route due to child and switching back to 5 years FLR(M). When you complete 5 years and want to apply for ILR, does this affect you if you have been overstayer?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:22 am

The child is 4yrs and the other parent is going to apply for spouse visa soon to the UK so I believe the sponsor need earning 22,400 in order to apply for entry clearance for both of them correct me if I’m wrong?
The child will get the same visa as the other parent and will qualify for ilr when the parent does. No quicker route for the child.
Another quick question please.

If you have been an overstayer in the UK while on visiting visa and you were granted 10 years route due to child and switching back to 5 years FLR(M). When you complete 5 years and want to apply for ILR, does this affect you if you have been overstayer?
How is this question related to your original question if the parent and child are outside the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)