ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hsmp holder sponsoring for uk visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bsuresh
Newly Registered

hsmp holder sponsoring for uk visitor visa

Post by bsuresh » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:00 pm

Hi,

I am currently in U.K on hsmp visa.
Already my in-laws have visited u.k for 6 months from december 2007 to june 2008. They came here in 6 months General Family visitor visa and I was the sponsor.
In the month of december 2008, I am planning to take 10 years General Family visitor visa for my in-laws to visit U.K.
My in-laws are from india.
I will be the sponsor.
My doubt is

1)
"Will they give 10 years visitor visa to my in-laws since I myself do not have Indefinate Leave to Remain in U.K Visa (Permanent Residence Visa ie) I myself being the sponsor for them do not have 10 years visa in U.k) ?? " Has any HSMP holder got family visitor visa for 10 years ???

2) Since they already visited U.K before only in june 2008 will they be given once again General Family visitor visa in december 2008??

3) First time I told my in-laws purpose of visiting u.k as "To see the places in U.K and to visit me".
Please let me know what reason I can tell for the second time??
can i tell "To visit me and my family".
Will they accept this reason???

matsnoel
Newly Registered

Re: Family Visa

Post by matsnoel » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:10 pm

Suresh,

a) You can sponsor your in-laws or for that matter any member of your family for as many times as you wish.
b) They will not get a 10-year visa right away. Most probably it will be for a year or two.
c) It's enough to say that they are family members coming to visit you.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:33 pm

Worth noting the text in blue ..... nothing that should worry you a lot, but good thing to be aware of (I also came to know this only recently).
Frequency and duration of Visits wrote: There is neither restriction on the number of visits a person may make to the United Kingdom nor any requirement that a specified time must elapse between successive visits. The fact that a person has made a series of visits with only brief intervals between them would not, in the absence of any other relevant factors, constitute grounds for refusal.

It is reasonable, however, for the Entry Clearance Officer to consider the stated purpose of the visit in the light of length of time that has elapsed since previous visits. A visitor should not, for example, normally spend more than 6 of any 12 months in the United Kingdom (but see Paragraph 10.8 below in the case of visitors for private medical treatment). .....
As already suggested, it is not likely that they will be granted a 10yr visa .... with only 1 visit to UK in the past. Multi-year visas are usually granted to visitors who make frequent trips to UK. Build a travel history and then it will be (probably) easier.

Just a personal opinion.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

bsuresh
Newly Registered

Post by bsuresh » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:53 pm

Thanks for your response.
"A visitor should not, for example, normally spend more than 6 of any 12 months in the United Kingdom"

Does the following statement mean that
since my in-laws spent december 2007 to june 2008 in united kingdom. They will not be able to come back again in december 2008??
because they already spent 6 months of the 12 month period
(from december 2007 to december 2008) in U.K??
does it mean they can only come in january 2009???

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:20 pm

Reading this might be useful.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!