ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 ICT dependent —> Tier 2 General main

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

atlas321
Newly Registered
India

Tier2 ICT dependent —> Tier 2 General main

Post by atlas321 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:21 pm

I’m in the Uk with my wife for almost two years. Now my dependent might get sponsorship from a company to work in the UK, I assume she has to goto the home country and apply for tier 2 General visa from there.

As long as the process completes within the current visa validity I shall switch from tier 2 ICT main to tier 2 General ?

How long do I have to wait till I apply for tier 2 General dependant to tier 2 General main if I get a sponsor?

Also the tier 2 General visa validity depends on the COS validity? Or we shall apply for 5 years and get the COS issues every year ?

What if an applicant in tier 2 General visa wants to change the job with a new sponsor ?

Please clarify my queries.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier2 ICT dependent —> Tier 2 General main

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:31 pm

I assume she has to goto the home country and apply for tier 2 General visa from there.
Yes
As long as the process completes within the current visa validity I shall switch from tier 2 ICT main to tier 2 General ?
Yes fine if you meet the requirements.
How long do I have to wait till I apply for tier 2 General dependant to tier 2 General main if I get a sponsor?
12 months on Tier 2 general dependent visa. Then you have to apply from home country.
Also the tier 2 General visa validity depends on the COS validity? Or we shall apply for 5 years and get the COS issues every year ?
Yes, it depends on the length of the CoS. Your visa will not be issued for a longer period than the CoS.
What if an applicant in tier 2 General visa wants to change the job with a new sponsor ?
Then you have to go through RLMT before you are offered the job and apply for a tier 2 with the new sponsor. Paying fees and IHS again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:33 pm

atlas321 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:21 pm
I’m in the Uk with my wife for almost two years. Now my dependent might get sponsorship from a company to work in the UK, I assume she has to goto the home country and apply for tier 2 General visa from there.

Please clarify my queries.
Why are you posting under another user name? This isn't permitted under the Board Ts&Cs, which you were required to read on registering? :?: :!:

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... l#p1664381

member/kunall/
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

atlas321
Newly Registered
India

Post by atlas321 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:38 pm

Thanks a lot for your instant reply. And there other post is not me and someone else with the same requirement 😀.

One quick question rather out of curiosity, if we get a job in Uk with a sponsor for tier 2 General visa, what happens if the company fires the applicant ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:42 pm

One quick question rather out of curiosity, if we get a job in Uk with a sponsor for tier 2 General visa, what happens if the company fires the applicant ?
The company informs HO within 10 days of your last working day and this triggers the process for the 60 days visa curtailment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:52 pm

atlas321 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:38 pm
Thanks a lot for your instant reply. And there other post is not me and someone else with the same requirement 😀.
Both posting from the same static IP address and both having the Indian flag and the same situation. What a co-incidence :idea:

I'll leave this in the very capable hands of my fellow Moderator, CR001 :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

atlas321
Newly Registered
India

Post by atlas321 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:00 pm

I believe a lot of people from my office (because of the static ip) might be under this circumstance.

Thanks for the support in responding instantly. The visa curtailment has a 60 days window ? Means we have 60 days of time to find a new sponsor?

Sorry for too much of questions on this front as we wanted to know the risk of such scenarios before moving on.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:07 pm

Yes once you receive a visa curtailment letter, you have 60 days till your visa expirs if your visa was valid for more than 60 days.

If you tier 2 ICT is curtailed, you still cannot switch to tier 2 general though.

If you are on a tier 2 dependent visa, it only applies if your partner and your visa is curtailed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

atlas321
Newly Registered
India

Post by atlas321 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:01 pm

So, for changing the job we must apply
For a new tier 2 visa with the new sponsors cos but shall be done within Uk?

This won’t reset the years of stay for ILR as long as the visa type is same ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:26 pm

Yes you can switch employers within the UK.

Tier 2 general to tier 2 general employer change does not reset the ilr 5 year clock.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

atlas321
Newly Registered
India

Post by atlas321 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:12 pm

One final question. How long does this Tier 2 General application takes to process ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:29 pm

It depends what service is chosen and if there are any hiccups or extra checks HO need to make.
Char (CR001 not Casa)