ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Step-daughter adoption and citizenship

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

leon2019
United Kingdom

Step-daughter adoption and citizenship

Post by leon2019 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:45 am

HI

My wife is here with me in the UK on a spouse visa and 7 years old stepdaughter on a dependent visa. Their extensions are due on the end of Dec. 2019.

I have recently adopted my 7 years old step-daughter (my wife's daughter ) in the UK. The adoption orders/certificate been issued by the British family court. She is now a British citizen as I have applied for her British passport which will come through next week as the application has been approved.

My question is: Will I need to inform the UKVI or Home office that she is no longer subject to immigration control as she will have british passport soon? Will I need to write them a letter or email?

I have read on the internet that I will need to return biometric card if someone become british citizen. My point is will the home office also know that she has become british and they will update her in their records that she no longer need extension...

Please can someone help...thx

Br28016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Step-daughter adoption and citizenship

Post by Br28016 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:00 am

Assume you found the same info as below.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-citizenship-sp ... ertificate

Not quite the same situation but fairly similar so would expect they want it back.

Looking at doing this myself and have engaged the local authority about step parent adoption. Having completed that step now have to wait three months until can file court form a58.

Useful to know your experience on this and any rules or restrictions you came across.

We got married last year on a marriage visa and had wife and step children across on visit and marriage visas and put parental responsibility agreement in place after marriage. Then had to leave UK to do spouse and dependent visas and then everyone joined me again in Feb in UK.

Far
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Far » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:57 pm

Hi

Would like to know, what document did you provide for your step daughter while applying for her dependant visa? Thanks

Br28016
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Br28016 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:31 pm

Not sure if you are looking for my experience or original posters.

My wife and two step children applied at same time for spouse and dependent visas so most of info was part of my wife's application.

We had the usual sponsor documents to support a spouse visa application.

For children we had

Birth certificate for children
Death certificate for child's father
Phil health MBR showing wife and children as dependents
Few school documents for oldest child
Step parent responsibility agreement authorised by family court in UK as children and wife were in UK when we got married on a marriage visit visa and did that afterwards for different reasons but useful backup.

Far
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Far » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:15 pm

Thank you!