ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension Costs

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Spouse Visa Extension Costs

Post by THO » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:04 pm

Hi,

Sorry if this is already done to death, but I can't find the costs of extending a spouse visa after 2.5 years. I think it's currently £1,033? Is the health surcharge needed to be paid again as well? Not that we have reached 2.5 years yet, new spouse visa application, but I want to save sufficient funds to meet the payment.

If my wife works and pays NI, does this mean she does not have to pay the surcharge?

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Extension Costs

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:09 pm

I think it's currently £1,033?

Correct. Note that they increase every year, usually around April.
Is the health surcharge needed to be paid again as well?
Yes, £1000.
Not that we have reached 2.5 years yet, new spouse visa application, but I want to save sufficient funds to meet the payment.
You will need to keep an eye on the costs nearer the time.
If my wife works and pays NI, does this mean she does not have to pay the surcharge?
There is no exemption simply because she will work and pay NI. She has to pay it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:18 pm

Thanks CR.

I don't expect that when we get to 5 years the application is free by any chance, or do we need to find the same yet again?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:24 pm

There are no free applications under the UK spouse visa route.

When you get to 5 years and apply for indefinite leave to remain, the current fee for 24 hours super priority is just over £3000 and £2389 for standard 8 week service.

No IHS payable though for indefinite leave to remain.

Then citizenship is more again, currently £1330 for an adult.

All fees increase annually.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:44 pm

That is just plain outrageous. What happens if at that time, things are hard and we can't afford to pay, would she just be told to leave?

I am surprised and angry that a UK national is made to pay tax to remain with his wife, just because she is from Asia.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:52 pm

That is just plain outrageous. What happens if at that time, things are hard and we can't afford to pay, would she just be told to leave?
No, she can apply for FLR(FP) 10 year partner route and hope HO will approve a fee waiver (not guaranteed and very few get it).
Char (CR001 not Casa)