ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Card application after Pre-Settled Status?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mezien
European Union

Residence Card application after Pre-Settled Status?

Post by mezien » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:29 pm

Hello,

My wife is a non-EEA national who joined me in the UK under EUSS Family Permit.

We're thinking to apply for her Pre-Settled Status now because of the Brexit uncertainty.
However the Residence Card would allow her to join my travels in Europe without a visa.

Is it possible to apply also for a Residence Card once she's been granted the Pre-settled status?

kamoe
European Union

Re: Residence Card application after Pre-Settled Status?

Post by kamoe » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:19 am

mezien wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:29 pm
Is it possible to apply also for a Residence Card once she's been granted the Pre-settled status?
Yes, it is possible. But it is also possible to apply for the Residence Card BEFORE she applies for Setted Status. This way, she could use the Android app to apply.

I do not know if she'll have to do biometrics twice if she does Setlted Status first, then EEA Residence Card in that order; but she will definitely only have to do it once if she does it the other way around: EEA Residence Card first, then Settled Status.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.