ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal ILR 5 year route (app questions)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Farah13
Canada

Spousal ILR 5 year route (app questions)

Post by Farah13 » Sun May 26, 2019 2:42 pm

Hello

I am submitting my ILR for my spousal visa. My current spousal visa expires in July 2019.

I am just filling out the question form and was wondering if anyone could provide some help.

In the Your social, cultural and family ties section they ask about :

Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
these could include social networks or connections to any of these countries?

I have no clue what information they want here.

secondly - under listing family and friends along with their names and how you keep in contact with them... how specific are you? I've listed just my immediate family (parents and siblings) - not nieces and nephews at home in Canada.

For friends - again I've just listed close friends i still keep in contact with.

Second, under convictions and penalties it says:

A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance

I have received a speeding ticket here - does this count? I did have to pay a fine. I did not have my licence revoked. I don't remember exactly when this was or how much the fine was. I went 23 mPH in a 20 mph zone and was caught by a speed camera.

Can anyone help with these questions??????

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spousal ILR 5 year route (app questions)

Post by zimba » Tue May 28, 2019 2:59 am

The questions regarding your connections/family are not that important. Write whatever you like and you do not need to be very specific.
Speeding tickets do not need to be declared unless you were taken to the court and you received a conviction
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:23 pm

Farah13 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 2:42 pm
Hello

I am submitting my ILR for my spousal visa. My current spousal visa expires in July 2019.

I am just filling out the question form and was wondering if anyone could provide some help.

In the Your social, cultural and family ties section they ask about :

Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
these could include social networks or connections to any of these countries?

I have no clue what information they want here.

secondly - under listing family and friends along with their names and how you keep in contact with them... how specific are you? I've listed just my immediate family (parents and siblings) - not nieces and nephews at home in Canada.

For friends - again I've just listed close friends i still keep in contact with.

Second, under convictions and penalties it says:

A penalty for a driving offence, for example disqualification for speeding or no motor insurance

I have received a speeding ticket here - does this count? I did have to pay a fine. I did not have my licence revoked. I don't remember exactly when this was or how much the fine was. I went 23 mPH in a 20 mph zone and was caught by a speed camera.

Can anyone help with these questions??????
Hi Farah,

Did you declare FPN/Speeding ticket? What was the outcome of your application?

Farah13
Canada

Post by Farah13 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:17 pm

vparikh wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:23 pm
Farah13 wrote:
Hi Farah,

Hi yes - I declared my speeding tickets. My application was successful - there were not enquiries regarding the tickets.

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:29 pm

Farah13 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:17 pm
vparikh wrote:
Farah13 wrote:
Hi Farah,

Hi yes - I declared my speeding tickets. My application was successful - there were not enquiries regarding the tickets.
Good to know! Thanks Farah :)

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:14 pm

Farah13 wrote:
vparikh wrote:
Farah13 wrote:
Hi Farah,

Did you declare it by saying 'yes' to criminal conviction question and then listing it or separately elsewhere, for example, using a cover letter?

Farah13
Canada

Post by Farah13 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:44 pm

vparikh wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:14 pm
Farah13 wrote:
vparikh wrote:
Farah13 wrote:
Hi Farah,

Did you declare it by saying 'yes' to criminal conviction question and then listing it or separately elsewhere, for example, using a cover letter?
yes - i declared it where they asked about offences ... and explained it was a speeding ticket for going 5mph over the limit. I also stated i paid the fine.

vparikh

Post by vparikh » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:46 pm

Thank you Farah :)