ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier - 4 to Tier - 2 before degree completion.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hangMan2020
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Tier - 4 to Tier - 2 before degree completion.

Post by hangMan2020 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:52 pm

Hi, I am a Tier-4 MSc (12 Months) student in the UK.

As per the current rules, I can apply to switch from Tier-4 to Tier-2 upto three months before completion of my degree. My degree will complete on 30th September 2019. But I would have still not received a pass/fail result from the university.

What can be the Tier 2 visa grant/issue date ? Will it be after I have been awarded the degree or just submitted all degree requirements.

My problem is I need to specify the joining date, however I can only join if my Tier-2 visa is granted (since I am applying before degree completion). Between the joining date and visa grant date if there is more than 28 days gap then my joining date will be delayed by more than 28 days, which is a big problem.

For example, consider the following scenario:
Degree Completion date: 30/Sept/2019 (without pass/fail decision)
Employment Joining Date: 01/Oct/2019
Degree Award Date: 15/Jan/2019 (pass certificate award)

In this case, if the visa is granted by 16/Jan/2019. I can only join on 16/Jan/2019, which is more than 28 days after intended joining date of 01/Oct/2019.

Hence, I can will really appreciate any information on how the Tier-4 to Tier-2 switch will be granted, Based upon degree completion date or degree award date. Based upon this, I need to predict what will be the correct joining date.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier - 4 to Tier - 2 before degree completion.

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:10 am

There is no need for start multiple duplicate topics asking the same question!!!

uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/tier ... 86019.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.