ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Warning re scanning documents in Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

exdee
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Warning re scanning documents in Pakistan

Post by exdee » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:00 am

Hello everyone,

I have been reading this forum with interest, it is quite helpful.

I just wanted to advise against scanning of supporting documents for the spouse visa in Pakistan at one of the Visa Application Centres when attending your biometric appointment.

I am referring to option 1) in this link: https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/vacs/ ... -documents

The visa application for my spouse has been subject to substantial delays despite being a priority application because the supporting documents did not reach UKVI.

I rescanned the documents in the end at my own iniative and made a complaint. Home Office have just come back with this:

30 July 2019

Dear XVZ

Thank you for your email correspondence of 2 July, regarding your Entry Clearance settlement application.

I have investigated this matter with the Visa Application Centre and they have advised that the issue was due to a system error, which meant that the supporting documents they scanned did not transmit to the Visa Section. I note from our records that we have now received the required documents.

I am upholding your complaint. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience. The decision making centre will contact you as soon as they have completed consideration of the application.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Warning re scanning documents in Pakistan

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:02 pm

Crazy that they don't have in place any mechanism to detect IT glitches! A simple system to acknowledge reception of documents and detect errors would be enough.

At least it's good that they admitted the error is on their side.