ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is my long residence broken

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raminxp
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Is my long residence broken

Post by raminxp » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:54 am

Hi,

I'm applying for Long Residence ILR at the moment. While reading the guidance document:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -v15_0.pdf

along with the things that would break up the continuance residence, it has this: "left the UK before 24 November 2016 with no valid leave to remain on their
departure from the UK, and failed to apply for entry clearance within 28 days of
their previous leave expiring (even if they returned to the UK within 6 months)"

My student visa was expiring on 21/07/2010, I left the UK 6 days earlier on 15/07/2010. I returned to the UK on 17/09/2010, with a new student visa, obtained in UAE.

Is my continued residence broken ?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is my long residence broken

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:15 pm

No. If you read the extract, it clearly says 'with NO valid leave to remain', ie. no valid visa, an overstayer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

raminxp
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Is my long residence broken

Post by raminxp » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:15 pm
No. If you read the extract, it clearly says 'with NO valid leave to remain', ie. no valid visa, an overstayer.
That was what I hoped to hear. Thank you.