ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Circumstances - Address + Marriage (Not dependant)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pouf101
Newly Registered
Canada

Change of Circumstances - Address + Marriage (Not dependant)

Post by Pouf101 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:03 pm

Hi there,

I've been on a T2 visa for a year now, and about two months ago, got married in my home country. I'm looking to eventually add my partner as a dependant (he is currently on a T5 visa, although is currently living and working in our home country), in maybe 6 months'/a year's time when he eventually moves over.

I have also moved flats less than a month ago, and understand that I need to fill out the Change of Circumstances form and inform HO of the address change.

Given that I don't plan on applying to add my partner as a dependent just yet, should I also inform them of the marriage, perhaps within the "personal details" section, or would that simply confuse them given I'm not making a separate application (yet)?

I wouldn't want them to think I haven't notified them about the marriage at the time we do apply for the dependent visa, and conclude the relationship is not genuine (we've been together 5+ years, but haven't lived together).

Any suggestions?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Change of Circumstances - Address + Marriage (Not dependant)

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:18 pm

If your surname has changed and your passport has changed to your married name, you need to inform HO of this too and get a new BRP card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pouf101
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Pouf101 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:21 pm

Thanks, I don't intend on changing my last name until my passport is due for renewal in a few years (seems like a hassle otherwise).

Any thoughts on the notification of marriage? Seems to me like I'd only need to notify when he becomes a dependant (in which case they'd be notified when we make the Dependant application anyways).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:23 pm

No need to inform HO unless you change your name.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Pouf101
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Pouf101 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:24 pm

Thanks, appreciate your help! :)