ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

discretionary leave to remain

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dltr3
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

discretionary leave to remain

Post by dltr3 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:42 pm

Hello! I have previously been granted discretionary leave to remain on a 10 year family route. We had been granted an extension quicker last time but it has now been 8 months since we applied for a further extension. I need this document for my studies at university and I'm extremely worried due to this delay. I spoke to the home office who stated that there is no time frame for this, is that correct? how long should I usually expect a response in? They lost our documents which we provided in the application which I'm assuming has elongated this process. Any guidance would be appreciated. Is there any way to speed this process up?
Thank you

Bongani
Newly Registered

Re: discretionary leave to remain

Post by Bongani » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:44 pm

Hope your issue has been resolved. From my understanding if you applied before the deadline whether you have a response or not should not interfere with work or university studies. Previous conditions of your visa should be applied.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: discretionary leave to remain

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:24 pm

Bongani wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:44 pm
Previous conditions of your visa should be applied.
Its called section 3C which may the existing school/college and employer acknowledge but not new school/employer who always wants confirmed visa.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.