ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discretionary leave to remain

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dobiyere
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Discretionary leave to remain

Post by dobiyere » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:04 am

Hello, I am 18 years old and I have been a UK resident for about 7 years. Due to my family's immigration struggles, I only got my discretionary leave to remain about a month ago. I have received my university offers but I have decided to take a gap year to try and raise some money fro my schooling as I am not entitled to student finance. I have two queries. Firstly, the law degree I have applied for comes with a year abroad. Will embarking on this jeopardise my renewal and the 10-year long residence clause. Secondly, are there any foundations which would be willing to fund my university degree. Any feedback would be much appreciated :D

Bongani
Newly Registered

Re: Discretionary leave to remain

Post by Bongani » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:51 pm

There is TIKO foundation, Shwabb and Weistheimer scholarships for young people like you, many universities also offer Article 26 scholarships/Sanctuary scholarships however some universities do not accept courses like Dentistry, Law etc on these scholarships. Please go to Article 26 Helena Kennedy foundation and it lists universities that offer these scholarships and provides links for other external scholarships. Good luck for the future

Bongani
Newly Registered

Re: Discretionary leave to remain

Post by Bongani » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:52 pm

There is TIKO foundation, Shwabb and Weistheimer scholarships for young people like you, many universities also offer Article 26 scholarships/Sanctuary scholarships however some universities do not accept courses like Dentistry, Law etc on these scholarships. Please go to Article 26 Helena Kennedy foundation and it lists universities that offer these scholarships and provides links for other external scholarships. Good luck for the future