ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport for uk born child.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Farooqdr
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British passport for uk born child.

Post by Farooqdr » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:55 pm

Hi Friends.
I am posting this post for my family friend.
She has ILR and recently gave a birth of child. Her husband is not yet entered to UK.
MY Question 1) is does this child apply for British passport?
2) does the financial requirements for husband sponsorship will remain the same or it will go up with the child birth?
Thanks.

secret.simon

Re: British passport for uk born child.

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:04 pm

Provided that the date of ILR is before the date of birth of the child AND the child is born in the UK, the status of the other parent does not matter. The child can apply directly for a British passport with proof of their birth in the UK (birth certificate) and proof of their parent's ILR (ILR BRP).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Re: British passport for uk born child.

Post by Obie » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:07 pm

The financial requirements will remain the same.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors