ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist/Family?Visitor visa for my mother and sister

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Prisha
Mood:
India

Tourist/Family?Visitor visa for my mother and sister

Post by Prisha » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:24 pm

Hi all,

I am expecting my second baby and to help me out through the delivery process I am planning to invite my mother and sister. Regarding this I need to know the information about the documents required for my mother and sister's application. I am aware that I should not provide the reason of visit is maternity support. Insetad I shoud mention the tourism reason. They are travelling here only for 2 months. they will come in November and leave in January.

My mother's situation is:
She is housewife. Finaicially depend on my father. My father is central governmnet servent, so they have their own nationalise banck account in which their salary get deposited. My mother and father have joint back acoount. I have younger borther as well so when my mother and sister wil come here my father and brother will be there in my home country.

My Sister's Situation:
She is working but her salary is less that 20K. she has got nationalised back account. and other bank account for salary. she recently join this new job in May.she lives with my parents.

I am also working in uk as permanent employee. We did tourist visa for my inlaws couple of times in that case we provided my husband's bank details, his employment details as he was permamnt employee that time. Also we did all the expenses for their visit. Now since last November he is working as contactor.

So I would have following questions:
1. What all supporting documents my mom needs?
2. What all documents my sister needs?
3. what eveidence to provide to explain my mother's financial sitaution ?
4.what eveidence to provide to explain my sister's financial sitaution
5.What eveidence to provide to explain they will levae uk?
6. As in this case also we are going to sponser this trip what all my and my husban'd documents are required?
7. What documents to provide to prove my husband's eployment status?
8. As our balance is maintained on my husband's account , if I provide all my employment details bank details ang my husband's bank details will it work?

Please help me out. Thanks in advance.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Tourist/Family?Visitor visa for my mother and sister

Post by sah10406 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:38 pm

Prisha wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:24 pm
I am aware that I should not provide the reason of visit is maternity support. Insetad I shoud mention the tourism reason.
What?! Who is advising that your visitors should lie in their application about their intentions, and moreover for what reason?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:44 pm

I have read some of the old posts here which says that they mentioned thsi reason and their visa got refused.
As UKBA consider this as unpaid job or something. I am not much clear about that but I mentioned that because I have read some of the posts. Please correct me If my understanding is wrong, and also help me with documentaion required.

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:59 pm

Prisha wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:44 pm
I have read some of the old posts here which says that they mentioned thsi reason and their visa got refused.
As UKBA consider this as unpaid job or something. I am not much clear about that but I mentioned that because I have read some of the posts.
Either those are very old posts, or the applicant was intending to work as a childminder. The guidance for entry clearance officers assessing a General Visitor application has specifically confirmed for some years on page 23 that

Where a family member is coming to look after a child in the UK, this is permitted provided it is for a short visit and does not amount to the relative being employed as a child-minder. You must be satisfied that the visit is of a short duration, the relative is a genuine visitor and will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... t-guidance

For guidance on possible evidence for a General Visitor application, see https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -documents
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:09 pm

Thank you for your reply.
I am still not clear what documents I need to provide for my Mother. Can someone plese list them for me. Or answer my questions in reply. Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by sah10406 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:13 pm

Prisha wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:09 pm
I am still not clear what documents I need to provide for my Mother.
Did you check that link I posted? It has very detailed guidance.

I really don't recommend you crowdsource individual visa application advice. If you want help with the application, best consult a professional who can look at your individual situation.

Prisha
Mood:
India

Post by Prisha » Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:01 pm

I did check that link and got clear idea about what documents to provide for my sister. but for my mother as she is housewife do I need to provide my father's employment details, pay slips,bank statements. and then their marriage certificate as she is finanicilly depend on them. They have FDs so I can attached fd certificates.
also what evidence to submit to show that they will go back? Shall I attch my father's and bother's passport photocopy?

Also I just need to provide financial documents (bank statements as we are sponsering them)of my husband but nothing about employment details?