ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Cat for Dependants (Tier 1 Ent to ILR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

doodle
Mood:
United Kingdom

Visa Cat for Dependants (Tier 1 Ent to ILR)

Post by doodle » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:05 am

Hi,
I got extension in Dec 2017 and now I am going to apply ILR in Nov/Dec 2019

My Wife and 2 year Old Son came in Dec 2017,

Can you Please let me know which visa I should apply for them as they cannot apply for ILR.

1) Is it Tier 1 Ent Dependant ?
2) What will be the duration of visa 2 years ? 3 or 5 ?

3) A solicitor advised me to start getting salary from my own company approx £19K if I want to get 5-years dependant visa for my wife and son.

4) we had been blessed with baby in last month i:e June 2019, Can you Please let me know which visa should I apply for him to travel to home country. And which visa should I apply for him, when I apply for ILR for myself.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Visa Cat for Dependants (Tier 1 Ent to ILR)

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:17 am

1) Is it Tier 1 Ent Dependant ?
Yes
2) What will be the duration of visa 2 years ? 3 or 5 ?
3 years and you must pay IHS
3) A solicitor advised me to start getting salary from my own company approx £19K if I want to get 5-years dependant visa for my wife and son.
Rubbish, that is for the spouse route. Your dependents remain under PBS dependant
4) we had been blessed with baby in last month i:e June 2019, Can you Please let me know which visa should I apply for him to travel to home country. And which visa should I apply for him, when I apply for ILR for myself.
UK born baby can be registered as British using form MN1 when you get ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

doodle
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by doodle » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:39 am

Thanks Zimba for quick reply, I really appreciate.

Can you please tell me what visa should I apply for my baby to visit home country ?

Tier 1 Ent Dependant? If this then obviously I have to pay IHS ?
2ndly for MN1 do I have to pay IHS ?

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:19 pm

No need for a visa. When you successfully register the baby as British under MN1, the baby can get a British passport for travel. MN1 is NOT an immigration application but a nationality application so there is no IHS
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

doodle
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by doodle » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:54 pm

I can apply MN1 for my baby only when I get ILR, I am asking before that, If we want to visit home country before that, what visa I need to apply, for example if we want to travel in next month.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:38 pm

doodle wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:54 pm
I can apply MN1 for my baby only when I get ILR, I am asking before that, If we want to visit home country before that, what visa I need to apply, for example if we want to travel in next month.
PBS dependant visa. PBS dependant visa is always issued for 3 years