ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spous Spouse Visa Granted!!! TB Test Certificate Now Expired.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rstar54
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa - UKVI Phone Call?

Post by Rstar54 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:36 pm

Hi all,
Today around afternoon time I received a phone call from PRIVATE NUMBER twice. I was in a meeting so missed those calls.
I am now getting VERY anxious that what if those phone calls I missed were from the UKVI regarding my wife's application?? (We applied for spouse visa [priority] month ago from India)
Has anyone received a phone call from UKVI?? Was it from a PRIVATE NUMBER?? Will they call me again??
Please help!!

Thanks very much in advance for your replies. God bless!!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa - UKVI Phone Call?

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:58 pm

Rstar54 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:36 pm
Hi all,
Today around afternoon time I received a phone call from PRIVATE NUMBER twice. I was in a meeting so missed those calls.
I am now getting VERY anxious that what if those phone calls I missed were from the UKVI regarding my wife's application?? (We applied for spouse visa [priority] month ago from India)
Has anyone received a phone call from UKVI?? Was it from a PRIVATE NUMBER?? Will they call me again??
Please help!!

Yes they can call from private number. Usually during the process of spouse visa the person must be very vigilant especially during the working hours. I hope they call back again if they are the ones who had called you.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Rstar54
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Rstar54 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:42 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:58 pm
Rstar54 wrote:
Hi all,
Please help!!

Yes they can call from private number. Usually during the process of spouse visa the person must be very vigilant especially during the working hours. I hope they call back again if they are the ones who had called you.
Thanks very much for quick response. Is it good idea to email or call UKVI to find out if they had call me or not??

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:47 pm

Rstar54 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:42 pm
seagul wrote:
Rstar54 wrote:
Hi all,
Please help!!

Thanks very much for quick response. Is it good idea to email or call UKVI to find out if they had call me or not??
No. not wise to call them about it rather just wait n see.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Rstar54
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Rstar54 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:53 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:47 pm
Rstar54 wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:42 pm
seagul wrote:
Rstar54 wrote:
Hi all,
Please help!!

No. not wise to call them about it rather just wait n see.
Thanks!

Rstar54
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UKVI Mandetory Checks Email!!

Post by Rstar54 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:30 pm

Hi all,

When we haven't heard anything for 6 weeks from the biometrics date, I called UKVI On XX July 2019 and requested the application's status information. The UKVI agent over the phone was very helpful and he escalated the application.

On XX July we received an email from UKVI saying;

"Prior to making a decision on an Entry Clearance application, a number of mandatory checks need to be completed in both the applicant’s home country and the UK. Although we aim to decide all applications within our published service standards, this is not always possible as the length of time taken to complete these checks is dependent on the individual circumstances of each case.

Whilst I appreciate the delays are frustrating for the applicant UKVI policy and procedures must remain intact. Once the application has been concluded, you will be updated accordingly."

Could anyone please help me understand what UKVI trying to say in the above message. Does it mean that UKVI is now satisfied with all other aspects of the application (income, accommodation & relationship) and now carrying out the final checks before granting her visa?

Thank you very much in advance for your time and help!!

Jaune08
Mexico

Re: UKVI Mandetory Checks Email!!

Post by Jaune08 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:42 pm

Rstar54 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:30 pm
(We applied for spouse visa [priority] month ago from India)
Rstar54 wrote:
When we haven't heard anything for 6 weeks from the biometrics date
Even though it's a priority application, nothing can ensure that Home Office will quickly issue the visa. Priority only helps to put your application in front of the queue. The estimated time for priority applications is around 6 to 8 weeks, but of course it can take as short as 4 weeks or even 10. There's no guarantee unfortunately.

Rstar54 wrote:
Does it mean that UKVI is now satisfied with all other aspects of the application (income, accommodation & relationship) and now carrying out the final checks before granting her visa?
Not exactly. As they have said, they are double checking some aspects before they can communicate their final decision. However, that doesn't mean they granted a visa. The only way to find it out is when you get the decision letter or email. Nevertheless it seems like you will have news soon.

Good luck!

Rstar54
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Rstar54 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:01 pm

Jaune08 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:42 pm
Rstar54 wrote:
(We applied for spouse visa [priority] month ago from India)
Rstar54 wrote:
When we haven't heard anything for 6 weeks from the biometrics date
Even though it's a priority application, nothing can ensure that Home Office will quickly issue the visa. Priority only helps to put your application in front of the queue. The estimated time for priority applications is around 6 to 8 weeks, but of course it can take as short as 4 weeks or even 10. There's no guarantee unfortunately.

Rstar54 wrote:
Does it mean that UKVI is now satisfied with all other aspects of the application (income, accommodation & relationship) and now carrying out the final checks before granting her visa?
Not exactly. As they have said, they are double checking some aspects before they can communicate their final decision. However, that doesn't mean they granted a visa. The only way to find it out is when you get the decision letter or email. Nevertheless it seems like you will have news soon.

Good luck!
Thanks very much for the reply!!

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:35 pm

Rstar54 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:01 pm
Thanks very much for the reply!!
You're welcome and good luck :)

Rstar54
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spous Spouse Visa Granted!!! TB Test Certificate Now Expired.

Post by Rstar54 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:21 pm

Hi all,

Good news is that our spouse visa application has been granted and passport collected.

However my partner's TB test certificate has now expired. The TB test certificate was valid and in date at the time of the spouse visa application. The TB test certificate was valid for the 6 months and got expired while the visa application was under consideration by the UKVI.

I am confused that do my partner need to do TB test again before coming to the UK? Will the immigration officer at the UK airport ask for unexpired TB test certificate?

Its only 1,500 India Rupees to do TB test again so I don't mind doing it again but the UKVI approved hospital is quite far from where my partner lives. So its more of a inconvenience.

I would really appreciate any advice on the above.

Thanks very much in advance.

( I will post our timeline in INDIAN TIMELINES ONLY section, further I will also write one more post which will comprehensively cover our complete spouse visa experience from start to the end)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spous Spouse Visa Granted!!! TB Test Certificate Now Expired.

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:32 pm

I am confused that do my partner need to do TB test again before coming to the UK? Will the immigration officer at the UK airport ask for unexpired TB test certificate?
You do not need a new tb test.

You also do not need to start a whole new topic. Please keep your posts in one thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rstar54
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Spous Spouse Visa Granted!!! TB Test Certificate Now Expired.

Post by Rstar54 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:34 pm

Thanks very much for the reply.