ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence outside the UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aladino
United Kingdom

Spouse visa curtailment

Post by Aladino » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:36 pm

Hello I have a problem of visa curtailment ..
I had an argument with my wife (the sponsor) and I came back to my home country for 2 weeks (june 2019) .. in those 2 weeks she complained that I threaten to kill (domestic violence)and she said to me that they took her to a safe house and they curtailed my visa but I didn't get notified with anything and I am outside the UK.. I am afraid if I come back to understand what happened and to explain that was a game from her the police catch me or they stop me in the airport there ... I contacted home office they sent me this email " Hello

Whilst I cannot give out any information due to Data Protection. 

I can confirm that if your leave was to be Curtailed, then you would be notified.

Thanks

Team Member 6"

So there's no proof that my leave was curtailed and now I've more than a month in my home country and I didn't get any notification from home office.. please advice if I take a risk and come back to the UK or not and when the home office should inform me with the curtailment
Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa curtailment

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:42 pm

This post seems a different circumstance to what you posted previously.

However, if HO know that a person has left the UK, curtailment is often not sent but the systems are updated. That aside, curtailment notices could be sent by email and could take a while to be sent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:46 pm

There could be anything, maybe she just joked/verbally threatened you. But if she really has already informed to HO then they might have curtailed your visa. NO harm in trying your right of work at below to see what does it say?

https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Aladino
United Kingdom

Post by Aladino » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:57 am

I put my details in the link you gave me of the right to work in the UK, it gave me this "You can work in the UK until 17 September 2021

Details
You can work in any job." Does that mean I can come back to the UK without any restriction??

Aladino
United Kingdom

Post by Aladino » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:44 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:42 pm
This post seems a different circumstance to what you posted previously.

However, if HO know that a person has left the UK, curtailment is often not sent but the systems are updated. That aside, curtailment notices could be sent by email and could take a while to be sent.
Yeah circumstances change always it can't be the same always... regarding what you said about notice by email could take a while but I don't think it will take more than a month as I'm in my home country since 14 june 2019 and she said that my leave is curtailed on 20 june do you think it take the HO more than a month to notify me ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:08 am

Curtailment letters can take a few weeks/months IF you are in the UK. It could be sooner or not at all if you are out of the UK and HO is aware you are abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aladino
United Kingdom

Post by Aladino » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:16 am

Thanks a lot for your answer but in my case I'm not sure if my wife (sponsor) is saying the truth and in the same time I'm worried if I try to come they catch me in the airport ... is there anyway to know if my visa is curtailed or not ... the link that you gave me in this thread and I put my details in said that I still have the right to work in the UK till 2021 so with my little understanding for this issues that HO update his system .. just help me how to know if it's curtailed and if I have the right to come back to UK?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:42 pm

Aladino wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:16 am
I put my details in said that I still have the right to work in the UK till 2021 so with my little understanding for this issues that HO update his system .. just help me how to know if it's curtailed and if I have the right to come back to UK?
If its still showing your right to work then no harm in trying to return but asap.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Aladino
United Kingdom

Post by Aladino » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:45 pm

Hello could you please tell me .. how long for home office to update its system.. I mean for example does HO update the info about right to work in UK every month or week or how long ... just to know if the my info there is up to date or not .. as it's still saying I can work till 2021
Thanks in advance

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:20 pm

Aladino wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:45 pm
just to know if the my info there is up to date or not .. as it's still saying I can work till 2021
Thanks in advance
If system still showing till 2021 then it means that your visa hasn't been curtailed yet because if that was the case then you see different status.

Aladino
United Kingdom

Post by Aladino » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:31 pm

Thank you for your answer ... you said it's not cancelled yet .. does it mean it could be cancelled but the system is still not up to date and I'm sorry for asking to much as I want to come back to UK to clarify my status with my wife and I don't want to be arrested or something.. by the way my wife (sponsor accused me with threat to kill which didn't happen, but she did it to curtail my visa quickly.. and she did that on 14 june 2019 it means about a month and half now .. but it still saying I've the right to work till 2021 and i didnt get any notification from HO

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:41 pm

Just fly with the believe that it hasnt yet been cancelled. But also remember that still if the airport immigration staff have received any report about you or assessed any suspicion then you can be in problem.

Aladino
United Kingdom

Absence outside the UK

Post by Aladino » Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:05 pm

Hello I've some question needs clarification if you may help and thanks in advance ...

I'm on spouse visa I had a problem with my wife and she said she stopped my visa but I didn't get any notification from home office now I'm nearly a year outside the uk ...

I want to know if I can come back after this period as I was reading on here that there's no time limit for ppl holding spouse visa..

Thanks you for your help
Note: I posted a new thread as my original one for some reason locked

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Absence outside the UK

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:56 am

Topics merged!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Aladino
United Kingdom

Post by Aladino » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:56 am
Topics merged!!!
Thank you for merging the topics but I'm looking for an answer

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:47 pm

Aladino wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:05 pm
but I didn't get any notification from home office now I'm nearly a year outside the uk ...
If you have been living abroad from the last one year then what you think as how should have the notification been served on you? Most often all notifications are being sent to last known UK postal address.

Aladino
United Kingdom

Post by Aladino » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:15 pm

As I know in my case I get a notification by post and on the email I made the visa application with... which I didn't get over both postal and email. .. Inaddition that I've contact with my wife (the spnsore) and she didn't receive it at my address in the uk ... and on top of that when i put my details on right to work in the uk I still get the answer that I can work till September 2021 ... so by my little understanding for these things I see my visa still working but am not really sure so I prefered to ask qualified ppl like on this forum. ..

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:04 pm

Aladino wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:15 pm
on top of that when i put my details on right to work in the uk I still get the answer that I can work till September 2021 ... so by my little understanding for these things I see my visa still working but am not really sure so I prefered to ask qualified ppl like on this forum. ..
Then previous opinion is still same
seagul wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:41 pm
Just fly with the believe that it hasnt yet been cancelled. But also remember that still if the airport immigration staff have received any report about you or assessed any suspicion then you can be in problem.

Aladino
United Kingdom

Post by Aladino » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:21 pm

Thank u 😊

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:42 pm

I'm not sure what you are hoping to achieve by returning to the UK after almost one year away. Even if you are permitted entry, as your relationship has broken down your right to remain as a spouse will end. From the tone of your posts, it seems that your wife won't support your visa extension or ILR application, which is a crucial requirement to any application under the family route being approved for settlement.

Assuming your current visa hasn't already been curtailed, when does this expire. :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Aladino
United Kingdom

Post by Aladino » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:04 pm

Thanks for your quick reply...
My current visa will expire on September 2021 ...
My reason of coming back is to try and find a legal solution for my situation... to try and go on the domestic violence route if I can as the first time I was under a threat and even the police didn't help as they put me in the street and told me to sort myself out as they didn't face problems with migrant before knowing that I was living in a small village ..

Or I try to find another sponsor before my visa expire ... I don't know if I still can do that so I prefered to ask on here

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:24 pm

Aladino wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:04 pm
Thanks for your quick reply...
My current visa will expire on September 2021 ...
My reason of coming back is to try and find a legal solution for my situation... to try and go on the domestic violence route if I can as the first time I was under a threat and even the police didn't help as they put me in the street and told me to sort myself out as they didn't face problems with migrant before knowing that I was living in a small village ..

Or I try to find another sponsor before my visa expire ... I don't know if I still can do that so I prefered to ask on here
You don't have a case for domestic violence based on your posts you have made. You cannot just SAY you are a victim of DV, you need substantial evidence. DV is also an abused immigration route and comes under a LOT of scrutiny by HO.

Not sure what you mean by 'Sponsor'???
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Aladino
United Kingdom

Post by Aladino » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:33 pm

I meant by sponsor if I can change to work visa ....
As for evidence ... I've police records and doctor records too ... in addition to adult care who was helping me when I was In the streets.. isn't that enough ?! Sorry I'm just trying to understand things

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:36 pm

Aladino wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:36 pm

I had an argument with my wife (the sponsor) and I came back to my home country for 2 weeks (june 2019) .. in those 2 weeks she complained that I threaten to kill (domestic violence)and she said to me that they took her to a safe house

Now you're intending to claim right to remain under Domestic Violence :? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:37 pm

You cannot switch to a work visa within the UK if you manage to re-enter the UK on the spouse visa. You have to apply for a work visa from your home country.
Char (CR001 not Casa)