ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU settlement scheme family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

boneze1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

EU settlement scheme family permit

Post by boneze1 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:29 am

Good morning everyone. Can someone please help me with this question. I have just been issued with a 6 months eu settlement scheme family permit in Nigeria this week on the basis of me being a mother in law of an eu citizen. My daughter in law and my son both have settled status in the UK. I’m currently in Nigeria and planning to fly to the UK on Sunday. My question is can I apply for pre-settled status immediately I get to the UK or do I have to wait till the 6 months visa expires?
Your response will be highly appreciated.

secret.simon

Re: EU settlement scheme family permit

Post by secret.simon » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:35 am

You can apply immediatly.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

boneze1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by boneze1 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:41 am

Many thanks.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:57 pm

@secret.simon

Thank you so much for this information.

Please can you send me the source as well it is for my friend whose wife just came on family permit and when I told him he said its not possible.

Many thanks.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

treeboythethird
Newly Registered

Post by treeboythethird » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:16 am

@boneze1

Can you please confirm when your son received their settled status (and/or PR status)? I heard somewhere that if the non-eu national did not apply for PR before 1 Feb 2017, then their parents cannot join them. So just generally trying to find out more about this, since I am trying to get my (non EA) wife's (non EA) parents over, but she applied for PR on 1 May 2017, and settled status 1 Jan 2019.

boneze1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by boneze1 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:05 pm

@ treetopthebird. I think my son and my daughter in law obtained their settled status sometimes in February this year.

bwunmi
United Kingdom

Post by bwunmi » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:32 pm

boneze1 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:29 am
Good morning everyone. Can someone please help me with this question. I have just been issued with a 6 months eu settlement scheme family permit in Nigeria this week on the basis of me being a mother in law of an eu citizen. My daughter in law and my son both have settled status in the UK. I’m currently in Nigeria and planning to fly to the UK on Sunday. My question is can I apply for pre-settled status immediately I get to the UK or do I have to wait till the 6 months visa expires?
Your response will be highly appreciated.
Hello.
Yes you can apply immediately you get to the UK.
Just a quick question please. Did you submit a tuberculosis test when applying please?

boneze1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by boneze1 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:06 am

@bwunmi, no tuberculosis stuff was submitted. The application was pretty straightforward.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:03 am

@boneze1

Did you apply for pre settle status straight away? or going to apply? Please do update us.

also if you can help us did u apply for EU Settlement Scheme family permit and which documents did u upload or submitted?

Hope to hear from you soon.

And welcome to UK :-)
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

bwunmi
United Kingdom

Post by bwunmi » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:52 am

boneze1 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:06 am
@bwunmi, no tuberculosis stuff was submitted. The application was pretty straightforward.
Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it.

blue10
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by blue10 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:25 am

Hello ,
Everyone on this page as you knows guys. I applied EEA family permit for my Dependent mother inlaw and got refused on 27.08.2019 and I decided do not to go through appeal it's take too long . I want to reapply Visa under eu settlement status for my mother inlaw. She is currently living in Pakistan. I have settlement status nead your help if any one can guide me much appreciate . I went to a assistance if he can apply visa for my mother inlaw eu settlement family permit because my English is not very good and also I'm not good in computer. He said to me I can't apply eu settlement family permit for my mother inlaw if she has biometric or something with fingerprints then she is eligible to apply for that visa. What i read on urs post some people got successful family permit visa.i really appreciate if any one can guide me plz
Thanks a lots

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:28 am

blue10 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:25 am
Hello ,
Everyone on this page as you knows guys. I applied EEA family permit for my Dependent mother inlaw and got refused on 27.08.2019 and I decided do not to go through appeal it's take too long . I want to reapply Visa under eu settlement status for my mother inlaw. She is currently living in Pakistan. I have settlement status nead your help if any one can guide me much appreciate . I went to a assistance if he can apply visa for my mother inlaw eu settlement family permit because my English is not very good and also I'm not good in computer. He said to me I can't apply eu settlement family permit for my mother inlaw if she has biometric or something with fingerprints then she is eligible to apply for that visa. What i read on urs post some people got successful family permit visa.i really appreciate if any one can guide me plz
Thanks a lots
It would be more useful and beneficial if you continued in your existing topic you already have instead of tagging onto other members threads.

eea-route-applications/non-eu-family-me ... l#p1825978
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.