ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mishmish6969
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Applying for FLR(M)

Post by Mishmish6969 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:19 pm

Hello!

I am a tier-4 student studying the uk for the past 6 years. I have been with my British husband (we got married this april) for almost 7 years. We recently applied for spouse visa..

Just a question regarding chat logs as evidence..I only attached 1 screenshot (fb chat) PER YEAR as we have almost 7 years of chats...thinking back I should have attached more.

I also included fb wall chats between 2013-2016 (2 max each year)
FB pictures showing time staps (one per year) 2013-2019. So around 7-8 in total.
2 pictures with his parents
wedding pictures (with friends, family did not attend)
relationship support letter: from a mutual friend and a navy colleague
deployment emails while he was deployed (he is in the navy).
wedding greeting cards (2)
marriage certificate
Bahrain ticket when I went to visit while he was deployed there
Amsterdam bus tickets in both our names (during a trip)

I'm really worried as this may not be sufficient...as a lot of people attach WhatsApp chats, phone calls etc. However, I have only attached fb messages and that too 1 screenshot per year. Are we in trouble??

Please help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying for FLR(M)

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:27 pm

If you are switching to a spouse visa within the UK, which I assume is the case, none of the chat logs are required. They are for applications outside the UK.

You need evidence of cohabitation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:25 pm

Mishmish6969 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:19 pm
Hello!

I am a tier-4 student studying the uk for the past 6 years. I have been with my British husband (we got married this april) for almost 7 years. We recently applied for spouse visa..

Just a question regarding chat logs as evidence..I only attached 1 screenshot (fb chat) PER YEAR as we have almost 7 years of chats...thinking back I should have attached more.

I also included fb wall chats between 2013-2016 (2 max each year)
FB pictures showing time staps (one per year) 2013-2019. So around 7-8 in total.
2 pictures with his parents
wedding pictures (with friends, family did not attend)
relationship support letter: from a mutual friend and a navy colleague
deployment emails while he was deployed (he is in the navy).
wedding greeting cards (2)
marriage certificate
Bahrain ticket when I went to visit while he was deployed there
Amsterdam bus tickets in both our names (during a trip)

I'm really worried as this may not be sufficient...as a lot of people attach WhatsApp chats, phone calls etc. However, I have only attached fb messages and that too 1 screenshot per year. Are we in trouble??

Please help!
Simply attach joint/individually addressed bank statements, tenancy agreement, utility bills or any correspondence. Application form will ask you to provide 6 piece of documents from the last 2 years to meet the cohabitation requirement but you dont be confused from it because its for those who are extending their spouse visa after 2.5 years. Moreover, any recent proof of address will serve the purpose.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Mishmish6969
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mishmish6969 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:13 pm

But this is our first spouse visa application extension, we haven’t lived together yet. However we have given proof of navy accommodation that we have applied for and eligible to receive. My question was particularly regarding the chat logs..thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:15 pm

Are you applying from your home country or from within the UK??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mishmish6969
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Mishmish6969 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:46 pm

In country switch from tier 4 student visa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:48 pm

Then chat logs etc are not required as I have already stated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)