ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied ILR in May, no acknowledgement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Leafschick
Newly Registered
Canada

Applied ILR in May, no acknowledgement

Post by Leafschick » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:10 am

Applied for ILR Route : May 23, 2019
Date application sent : online May 23 2019
Document received by HO :
Ack letter received (if applicable) : not received
Biometric Letter received :
Date Biometrics Enrolled : June 27, 2019
Payment Debited : May 23 2019
Approval/Refusal Received : waiting
BRP Card Received : waiting

I am wondering if someone can please help me - and if I posted in the wrong area I apologise. I applied May 23 as above but wasn't able to get to do my biometrics until June 27. I have never received any acknowledgement of any kind. Do I just assume my application is in progress? As well, I assume my "start" date will reflect the biometrics enrollment date as opposed to the date I sent the application? I feel nervous as there seems to be no way to know if I missed anything or Im supposed to be doing something right now. Just my opinion but it's frustrating how little communication there seems to be. The past few months have been horrendous for me personally and I would really like to be able to get back home to see my family and I hate that I have no idea when that may be possible.
Sorry for moaning! Just hate this whole process. I wish I would have did priority

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applied ILR in May, no acknowledgement

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:20 am

I have never received any acknowledgement of any kind. Do I just assume my application is in progress?
You don't get an acknowledgement letter anymore. You would have received an email when you submitted your online application.
As well, I assume my "start" date will reflect the biometrics enrollment date as opposed to the date I sent the application?
Not sure what you mean by 'start date'. The date of application is the date you submit and pay online.

If you opted for standard service, then it could take 8 weeks or more.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny048

Post by vinny048 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:03 pm

I got an email notification when my wife applied and paid on 29 April. Her biometrics were enrolled 18 May. We have had no other communication since then.

It’s been 13 weeks so far. Be patient and wait. The 8 weeks things is a joke. There is no chance they will reply that soon.

I have savings to meet the financial requirement and my tax return for the past 3 years is way greater that the £18600 required.

Even with a straight forward application it takes time. Looking at the set m timescales I’m assuming it will take around 4-5 months.

Leafschick
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Leafschick » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:40 pm

Thanks for both of the replies.

I do know I will be waiting for a while and I'm not expecting to be approved soon. I would just like some sort of reassurance that everything is in order.

What I meant by start date was just that there was a month from when I paid until I was able to enrol my biometric information. If the average wait time is 3 months I assume that my three months would start as of the date of the biometrics. I know it doesn't work on exact dates - Im just trying to assess when I think I will know something. I've been using the basis of 6 months to be safe

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:17 am

You should assume that your application will only be valid and processed if you enrol your biometrics, so use the biometrics date
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice