ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization Application delayed for over a year

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

opo19
Pakistan

Naturalization Application delayed for over a year

Post by opo19 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:42 pm

Hi, i have received following update through my local MP on my naturalisation application last month on 8/7/19:

Dear Mr ....,

I have received a response from the Home Office to my enquiry on your behalf. Please see below a copy of the response.

"Thank you for your e-mail regarding the application for naturalisation as a British citizen of Mr .......

The Home Office has to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship.

As part of the application process, the Home Office routinely conducts enquiries with other government departments and external agencies. The extent and length of time taken to complete these varies according to the particular circumstance of each application. Their progress is regularly monitored.

I am pleased to confirm that ..........’s application has been allocated to a caseworker. I am unable to give a timescale for a decision as that depends on the findings of the caseworker during the course of their consideration. As soon as we are in a position to reach a decision we will notify Mr ...... accordingly."
Many thanks,

Now i have sent email yesterday to nationality team for update and i receive following email today which is bit strange: its only two lines and meaningless email;
Thank you for your e-mail
It is not possible to comply with your request
Thank you

FMT Admin Support Nationality Group

UKVI - Citizenship, Work, Study, Premium

Red Zone, 4th Floor, Capital Building, Liverpool L3 9PP

T: 0151-
www.homeoffice.gov.uk

opo19
Pakistan

Re: Naturalization Application delayed for over a year

Post by opo19 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:46 pm

do anyone had experience that after case allocation to a case worker how it normally take cz its been nearly a month that my case is finally with caseworker, now when i asked them for update they just send me two lines which means nothing, i have waited one and a half year when i got news that its with caseworker i got excited again and start looking for post/letters again, don't know still how long i have to wait :| :?

opo19
Pakistan

Post by opo19 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:47 pm

if someone had similar experience please let me know, thanks in advance :D

Sam1234567
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sam1234567 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:16 am

I hope you get a decision soon. On what route did u apply spouse, refugee or what? . Because i have received the same response as the gave ur MP evn tho i have been waiting for 6 months. Also have u tried to contact them before and what response did they give u

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:43 am

It means just that!!! They are unable to give you any updates. Do you think HO will be sending people updates every step?

opo19
Pakistan

Post by opo19 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:10 am

Applied on spouse route

opo19
Pakistan

Post by opo19 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:14 am

It was always generic reply for good character checks, and i did not said they have to send update on every step, cz u haven’t had experience of that long waiting game i believe, i never send them email every day, its after a month or sometime i send then after 2 or 3 months, they shouldn’t be annoyed by that, cz i have paid the heavy fee to them for all the work they are doing on my application, so i believe i have a right to ask for update as my application is out of standard tume and over a year now

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:13 pm

You have a "right" to message them 3 times a day. But you dont have a right to receive a response. And the application is expensive. Its a user fee which is optional. If you dont like the system you need not apply. For some reason they have held up your application and they would send the same reply to you MP, the route many people use. But my point is why ask here what the response means? Its clear that you cannot get an update.
Keep emailing them as often as you want, nobody can stop you. Its typical of many who believe because they pay a huge fee they are entitled to exclusive attention. Dont forget there are like 12000 applications every month.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:19 pm

And just for perspective, below a user posted today that they are waiting more than 2 years.

british-citizenship/general-discussion- ... l#p1810210

We also have a couple of users waiting since mid 2016 for a decision.

As we keep saying, British citizenship is a privilege and not an entitlement or a right.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

opo19
Pakistan

Post by opo19 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:30 pm

Sounds like you work for them and get annoyed by my question, simple if you don’t like my question or whatever you can stay quite, no need to give your opinions, cz i didn’t mention you to answer me,i never mention about system or i didn’t like system or whatever so mind your own business, if you have nothing to say nice, don’t bother, keep your frustration to yourself😄

opo19
Pakistan

Post by opo19 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:33 pm

CR001 i understand and i have seen people waiting for 4 years, i just posted homeoffice reply cz i never had that sort of reply before, I didn’t know that people can take it personally 😂

Heitomorrow
United Kingdom

Post by Heitomorrow » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:02 am

opo19 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:30 pm
Sounds like you work for them and get annoyed by my question, simple if you don’t like my question or whatever you can stay quite, no need to give your opinions, cz i didn’t mention you to answer me,i never mention about system or i didn’t like system or whatever so mind your own business, if you have nothing to say nice, don’t bother, keep your frustration to yourself😄
Dear Opo19

This is the platform to share your experience and get right advise from people who respect your questions and answer with good manner.

You can’t stop your neighbour’s crazy barking dog so just ignore wasting your time on responding.

opo19
Pakistan

Post by opo19 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:52 am

That’s right ☺️👍🏻

joeano353
BANNED
Tuvalu

Post by joeano353 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:05 am

Heitomorrow wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:02 am
opo19 wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:30 pm
Dear Opo19

This is the platform to share your experience and get right advise from people who respect your questions and answer with good manner.

You can’t stop your neighbour’s crazy barking dog so just ignore wasting your time on responding.
Didnt realise this forum was an agony aunt column. People cribbing about them being mistreated and expecting people to sympathise with them. The moderators who are very experienced keep repeating that they cannot tell us anything about delays in approvals. Nobody wants to hear sob stories.

opo19
Pakistan

Post by opo19 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:16 pm

No one ask for your sympathy or beg you to hear stories, you just came on post to take your frustration out, keep away if you can’t be nice😊, people are not hear to your bul.....