ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 - Registration of child born in UK query

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

concorde19
Newly Registered
India

MN1 - Registration of child born in UK query

Post by concorde19 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:22 pm

Hello,

I am an Indian passport holder and was granted ILR a few weeks ago (on Tier 2 General 5 year route) and my wife is also an Indian citizen on a Tier 4 (PhD) visa.. I was trying to fill up the MN1 form to register my son (born in the UK) as a British Citizen (under Section 1(3)) where one of the questions is as follows:
"Are either of the parents of the child (as stated in this application) applying for naturalisation as a British citizen on an AN form" - YES or NO
- If YES , "I would still like my child(as stated in this application) to be registered as a British citizen even if
my own application for British citizenship is refused"
- If NO , nothing.

1) Does anybody know what should I respond if I am unsure if I will apply for naturalisation once I become eligible in a years' time?
2) Can a UK born child be registered as a BC if his/her parents do not intend to naturalise as BC in the future?

Since my son has never had the need to travel outside the UK, we have not applied for a passport or UK visa so far for him.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: MN1 - Registration of child born in UK query

Post by zimba » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:45 pm

Answer No. There is no requirement that parents of a UK born child with settled status have to be British or apply for British citizenship.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

concorde19
Newly Registered
India

Re: MN1 - Registration of child born in UK query

Post by concorde19 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:31 pm

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Have a nice day..

Cheers