ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Tier 1 form or form after judicial review

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

touk
Newly Registered

General Tier 1 form or form after judicial review

Post by touk » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:16 pm

Hi,

From today's posting in UKBA, I learnt that for people with approval letter before Nov 2006 will have a seperate form which will be released next week.

Well, my query is if I qualify under General - Tier 1 criteria but have an approval letter before Nov 2006, I should apply for my extension with which form?

Will applying with the new form to be released next week will lead to any delays?

If we apply with General Tier1 form will my application be rejected?

I know its a little too early to ask these questions but i thought i will pen them down anyways

Senior members please clarify

Thanks,
touk

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:35 pm

The first question to ask yourself is - Why would I want to switch to a new category when I am now aware (today) that I can apply under the same category itself? Will I gain (or lose) something by doing so?

If you search the forum, you will see a lot of information as to how people affected by JR have applied for extension since 8th April.

Unless you must aply in the next 2-3 working days, I would suggest that you wait for more information from UKBA.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

touk
Newly Registered

Post by touk » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:48 pm

Thanks for the information....

I get your point, No gain or loss for me whichever form i apply!!!

I have ample time and I can afford to wait for a couple of weeks for the forms to be out, only thing foremost in my mind is need my Visa before Nov as I have to go to home country then, so will be applying in Sep, some 4 months prior to my leave of expiry. I have already read your views on applying ahead of time :( But will be taking my chances.

Jackie123

Post by Jackie123 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:45 am

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:37 pm

G'd morning! The news has been circulating on the forum since 2pm yesterday .. minutes after this was posted on UKBA website.

Even the OP knew of it before he posted his query.
touk wrote:From today's posting in UKBA, I learnt that for people with approval letter before Nov 2006 will have a seperate form which will be released next week.
:wink:
regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Jackie123

Post by Jackie123 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:54 pm

Hi sushdmehta,

Appologies for duplicating this information.

Cheers!