ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Processing

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

erd03
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UKVCAS Processing

Post by erd03 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:08 am

Hi,

Last week, I went to Sopra Steria to have my biometrics and documents checks. I have some few questions:

1. I didn’t get any confirmation from them that they have seen and submitted my scanned documents to UKVI. They asked me: “Can you please confirm if you are happy for me to click ok to submit your uploaded documents to the UKVI?”

2. The staff informed me that: You will get the decision “via email” in 2 weeks’ time but it can take up to 8 weeks to process your application.

3. Out of curiosity, I have just checked my account on their website and I still have the option to upload documents? I’m just worried that the staff didn’t submit them.

Also, UKVI sent me a confirmation the day after I have submitted my online application and before I my biometrics saying that: “Thank you for your application to the Home Office. Your application has been received and is being considered.”

Meaning they have started looking at my application prior to my biometrics?

Your answers to my questions will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Erd

at12

Re: UKVCAS Processing

Post by at12 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:15 am

1. Normal procedure. No confirmation is provided.
2. That sounds unusual. Up to 6 months is the standard time they have to give a decision.
3. Normal, reported several times in this forum.

UKVI does send a notification that your application has been received before your biometrics are sent. This is also normal and I think that's when the official 6 month countdown starts.

erd03
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by erd03 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:39 am

Many thanks at12!

All clear now! So I shall wait for that email rather than checking my post every single day?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:44 am

erd03 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:39 am
Many thanks at12!

All clear now! So I shall wait for that email rather than checking my post every single day?
You get your approval letter by post and not by email.

Note that UKCVAS staff are not HO staff. Sopra is only a third party agent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

erd03
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by erd03 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:18 am

That’s what I thought! Thanks CR001!