ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appealed PCN pending and ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

polymerguy
Newly Registered

Appealed PCN pending and ILR application

Post by polymerguy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:27 pm

Hi guys,

I plan to submit the ILR application this week and would like to ask for some expert advice.

I received 2 notice of enforcement letters totalling £400 for unpaid PCN for the Dartford Crossing from the bailiff in June 2019. 2 crossings were made in 2 June and 7 July 2018. I didn't see the original PCN letters since I moved house in May 2019 and have updated my V5C form on 15 July 2018. I have appealed/challenged these 2 PCNs to the Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC) on 26 June 2019. The decision could take up to 56 days according to Dart Crossing Customer Service. In principle the original PCNs could be waived since I did made 2 payments back on 9 July 2018 or new PCNs (£35 each) will be issued to my current address. Of course, if I am going £400 if my appeal is unsuccessful.

It had to be mentioned that for the last 5 years I had only 2 PCNs for the bus lanes (same place within 3 min time difference) that were paid immediately after receiving the original PCN letters.

Could you advise whether I can go on with the application by mentioning the situation or it's worth to wait for the response from TEC before applying.

Thanks

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Appealed PCN pending and ILR application

Post by bizman » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:46 pm

It is not a bad situation and it’s not going to affect your ILR, but you need to declare it in a cover letter to avoid assumption/allegation of deception
Bizman

polymerguy
Newly Registered

Post by polymerguy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:04 pm

bizman wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:46 pm
It is not a bad situation and it’s not going to affect your ILR, but you need to declare it in a cover letter to avoid assumption/allegation of deception
Many thanks for your time and help, Bizman!

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:10 am

If you challenge a PCN and lose, it will affect your ILR :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

polymerguy
Newly Registered

Post by polymerguy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:58 am

Zimba wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:10 am
If you challenge a PCN and lose, it will affect your ILR :!:
Thank you Zimba! Sorry I've been unclear that actually I didn't make an appeal to the Court. I just made a formal challenge (‘representation’) to the Traffic Enforcement Centre as described here https://www.gov.uk/appeal-against-a-pen ... rge-notice. And I checked with the the Dart Crossing and the Bailiff that my PCNs are currently suspended and if my challenge is unsuccessful then I could go to the Court (which I won't do of course). And I will still have time to simply pay the amount of £400 from the Enforcement Letters within 2 weeks time.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:16 pm

Good thinking
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice