ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA Accepted (email recieved) no word on Passport?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chapterixx
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

VISA Accepted (email recieved) no word on Passport?

Post by Chapterixx » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:21 pm

Hi,

We had the good news on Friday 2nd 12:00 Peru time. Our Spouse VISA application was successful. We are just a bit concerned that we have not had any request to collect her passport. We assumed we could be asked to call and collect the same day we got the email.

Bogota in Columbia (Bogota.VisasDocuments@fco.gov.uk) sent the email. Just puzzled as to where her passport is. I did email them back but they told me to speak to somebody else in the UK!?

If the decision email was sent from Bogota, does this mean her passport is being passed between countries?

Kind regards
Chris

Jaune08
Mexico

Re: VISA Accepted (email recieved) no word on Passport?

Post by Jaune08 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:04 pm

Hey Chris. About the visa processing for Latin American applications, I was told by the VFS chief in Mexico how this works.

For Latin American countries, once the visa has been approved in Sheffield, Home Office sends a subsequent email to Colombia (Bogotá works as the hub to issue and print the vignettes). The authorities in Colombia might notify you that either your visa was approved or is being issued (this varies depending on the country). Once they have your vignette/sticker, Colombian authorities will send your vignette to your country (in Mexico is to the VFS centre but in Peru I think it’s the British embassy. Again, this varies depending on the country).

Once the VFS centre/embassy has your vignette, they will stick it on your passport and then they will either call you to collect it or send it to your home (if you’ve paid for this service).

If you selected the option “keep my passport during the application process”, then the VFS centre or embassy will call you to bring your passport so they can stick on the vignette. If they already have your passport, you just have to wait until the vignette arrives from Colombia.

Again, this information was provided by the VFS centre chief in Mexico. I ask him (when I went to apply for my visa) as I couldn’t find this info anywhere, the process varies from other countries (i.e., Asian countries) and I needed to know how this works.

Hope this helps!

Chapterixx
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Chapterixx » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:51 pm

This is a very good summary of what to expect, I really appreciate the time you took to reply! At least now I have a better understanding how whats going on. :D

Kind Regards
Chris

Jaune08
Mexico

Post by Jaune08 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:58 am

Chapterixx wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:51 pm
This is a very good summary of what to expect, I really appreciate the time you took to reply!
You're welcome, Chris! I hope you can get your visa very soon :)

Slimaco
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by Slimaco » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:52 am

Hi Chapterixx,

How long did it take to have your passport back after you got the decision letter by pdf? I also received the letter saying that I was granted the visa, and am waiting for my passport.

Thanks!

Stephanie