ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Section 3C and UK degree

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Kamana
Hong Kong

Section 3C and UK degree

Post by Kamana » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:38 pm

Hi I will be grateful if someone could answer to my questions below.

I am making FLR(M) application and I have two question that I need some clarification before I submit the application. Two questions are directly taken from the application.

Q1. ‘Have you ever remained in the UK beyond the validity of your visa?’

There was a period the applicant was in Section 3C leave due to not having the visa renewed in time but a valid in-time application was made and the application was approved after the current visa was expired, in this case should I say Yes or No to this question?

Q2. ‘Do you have a degree that was taught in English?’

Answer: Yes

Q2a. 'Country your degree was taught in'

The applicant has a degree awarded by a UK university but the exams can be done anywhere in the world where they have exam centers as it was done part of the UK Professional Qualification. The applicant did exams in two countries over 5 years and some exams were done in the UK with the help of online tuition while on a PBS dependent visa. In this case can I say it was taught in the UK and will it be sufficient if the applicant provide the degree certificate from the UK university, or is it recommended to do the B1 test?

Thank you in advance.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Section 3C and UK degree

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:45 pm

Kamana wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:38 pm
Hi I will be grateful if someone could answer to my questions below.

I am making FLR(M) application and I have two question that I need some clarification before I submit the application. Two questions are directly taken from the application.

Q1. ‘Have you ever remained in the UK beyond the validity of your visa?’

There was a period the applicant was in Section 3C leave due to not having the visa renewed in time but a valid in-time application was made and the application was approved after the current visa was expired, in this case should I say Yes or No to this question?

Q2. ‘Do you have a degree that was taught in English?’

Answer: Yes

Q2a. 'Country your degree was taught in'

The applicant has a degree awarded by a UK university but the exams can be done anywhere in the world where they have exam centers as it was done part of the UK Professional Qualification. The applicant did exams in two countries over 5 years and some exams were done in the UK with the help of online tuition while on a PBS dependent visa. In this case can I say it was taught in the UK and will it be sufficient if the applicant provide the degree certificate from the UK university, or is it recommended to do the B1 test?

Thank you in advance.
1. NO

2.YES

2A. If it was finally awarded by UK university then answer will be UK regardless where the exams were taken. It should be at least UK bachelor degree.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Kamana
Hong Kong

Re: Section 3C and UK degree

Post by Kamana » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:18 pm

Thank you Seagul for the quick response. :D