ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

"Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?"

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

curiousja
India

Re: Absences from the UK

Post by curiousja » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:06 am

Hello,

I came to UK in Aug 2009 on Tier 4 visa, switched to ILR in Aug 2014.
I'm planning to apply ILR on the basis of my 5 year stay on Tier 2 visa.
In set(O) form it asks "Since you first entered the UK, have you had any absences from the UK?"
Please suggest do I need to mention my absences related to my Tier 4 visa i.e. for the period Aug 2009-Aug 2014 OR absences of last 5 years (on Tier 2 visa) since Aug 2014?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:09 am

Set O is only relevant to absences on tier 2.

If you were applying for ilr based in long residence on set LR, the all absences would need to be listed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:20 am

Thanks, for the prompt reply.

I got confused with "Since you first entered the UK, have you had any absences from the UK?", as I came in Aug 2009 and mentioning this as an answer for question "When did you first enter the UK?" -- Aug 2009 correct?

And for the question "Since you first entered the UK, have you had any absences from the UK?", I will be only mention my absences after I switched to Tier 2 visa.. correct?, as I'm not applying based on my 5 year stay on Tier 2 visa and not the 10 year route..

Thanks!

curiousja
India

"Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?"

Post by curiousja » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:01 am

Hello

This is regarding a question- "Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?"

I was born in India and came to UK in Aug 2009 on Tier 4 visa.
While on Tier 4 visa, I visited USA twice (3 weeks and about 10 days) and India on holidays (on Tier 4 visa, about 3 months and ~month on couple of occasions) and then visited few countries on Tier 2 visa for a brief period due to work and family visit (mentioned already).

To answer this question-
- Do I need to mention about any stay outside UK (even for few days)?
- If so then do I need to mention my Tier 2 absences again?
- Do I need to mention about my home trips to India and other countries on Tier 4 visa(that are for about 10 days, ~ 3 weeks and 3 months long)?

Please suggest do I need to mention all these details or just details from my birth to Aug 2009--India?

Thanks!

tier21419
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: "Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?"

Post by tier21419 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:42 am

The question asks for "Lived" not visiting. You have only visited those countries but you have lived in India before you moved to the UK. visiting is covered in the section where you will be entering your absences.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: "Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?"

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:49 am

Please desist from starting new topics with each question you have. Stick to ONE thread, this one!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:56 am

Thanks!
Apologies for cross-posting.
So should I mention only the period from my birth to Aug 2009--India?
and Ignore mentioning the 3-month visit to India on my Tier 4 visa.

Thanks!
Looking forward to your reply..

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:39 am

Hi

I will greatly appreciate if anybody can provide their suggestions.

Thanks!

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:51 am

curiousja wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:20 am
"When did you first enter the UK?" -- Aug 2009 correct?

I will be only mention my absences after I switched to Tier 2 visa.. correct?

Thanks!
1. Yes.
2. Yes

aman90
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by aman90 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:57 am

curiousja wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:39 am
Hi

I will greatly appreciate if anybody can provide their suggestions.

Thanks!
Ur over thinking.

LIVED- job, paid taxes, school, bought a house, immediate family.. long/permanent.
VISITED- vacation, tourism, temporary.
And read tier11417’s advice above!

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:01 pm

Many thanks for your prompt reply!

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:16 pm

thanks for your replies!

Hello please help me on the following-

Consent for Home Office to request verification checks for joint accounts or third party support.
1. “Is the account with bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?”

2. “Does the account with bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?”

I do not have any joint bank account with my wife and she is financially dependent on me, we have a shared name with Electricity service (does this is a utility company…very confusing) which I pay the bills.
Please suggest do I need to put No, No or Yes, No?

Moreover, please suggest do I need to only sign Form1 and ignore 2, 3?

Thanks!

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:44 pm

Hello,

This is regarding declaration to confirm my consent for the Home Office to request verification checks.

Currently, I’m applying for my ILR application, I have a bank account with my name. My wife is dependent on me and will be applying for ILR later. We don’t have a joint bank account.

But our prepaid electricity bill has both of our names which I pay as required.

Please suggest in the following points (A, B) do I have to say (No, No) or (Yes, No), considering my wife’s shares her name in the prepaid electricity account and we don't have any joint bank account?

A. “Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?”
B. “Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?”

Moreover, please suggest which consent part (please see below for parts) I need to sign?, is there any part that my wife has to sign?

PART 1: “Consent for the Home Office to verify application information You (the applicant) should sign the Part 1 consent, and relevant other parties should sign Part 2 and 3, where they are relevant to your application. You must send them with your supporting documents If you fail to do, your application may be refused. Where any of the information or documentation also relates to someone else (for example a joint bank account or joint utility bill) you should ask that person or persons to sign PART 2 of the consent form. From the applicant I understand that the Home Office may check whether the information and documentation that I provide is genuine and correct. I agree to the provider of the information and documentation telling the Home Office whether it is genuine and/or correct or in what way(s) (if any) it is not genuine and/or correct.....”

PART 2: “Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information If any information or documentation provided n is in the joint names of the applicant and another person (or persons), the joint owner should sign the following declaration: The above-named person (‘the applicant’) has given the Home Office information or documentation and agreed that the Home Office can check that such information or documentation is genuine and/or correct. I am a joint owner with the applicant of some or all of that information or documentation. I understand that information about the applicant may also reveal information about me. I agree to the provider of the information or documentation giving the Home Office relevant data (including personal data) that it holds about me. I understand that this only covers data about me in my capacity as joint owner of the relevant information with the applicant (and not about any other information it may hold about me either in my capacity as an individual or jointly together with a third party) and is limited to: •.....”

PART 3: “Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor If the information or documentation relates to another person or persons who is to provide the applicant with financial support, that person or persons* should sign the following declaration: I have agreed to provide financial support to the applicant as set out in the application form. I have provided information or documentation to support the application. I understand the Home Office may verify the information or documentation which has been provided. I agree to the provider of the information or documentation giving the Home Office relevant personal data it holds about me. This is limited to that which is necessary to confirm that the information or documentation the applicant has supplied is genuine and correct. .....”

I would be very grateful if you could help me with this.

Thanks!

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:55 pm

Hello

I would extremely grateful if anybody could help me on above questions.

Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:10 pm

A - Yes
B - No

You sign part 1, your wife signs part 2 of the consent form. Ignore part 3.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:14 pm

Thanks!
As it was not required for my ILR application so I have not attached any utility bills mentioning my wife's name, do I need to attach any to support A (yes) or just say yes?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:17 pm

curiousja wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:14 pm
Thanks!
As it was not required for my ILR application so I have not attached any utility bills mentioning my wife's name, do I need to attach any to support A (yes) or just say yes?
If you have not sent any bills in joint names then it should be NO 🤦‍♂️
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:39 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply!

Sorry, I'm bit confused.

My wife is not applying now and she will be applying for ILR later, I don't require to attach any proof at this moment that we are living together. Also we don't have any joint bank account and financially she is dependent on me and I pay the bills. But her name is jointly registered with prepaid electricity company. So should I say No and explain this in cover letter or say Yes?

Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:30 pm

curiousja wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:39 pm
Thanks for your prompt reply!

Sorry, I'm bit confused.

My wife is not applying now and she will be applying for ILR later, I don't require to attach any proof at this moment that we are living together. Also we don't have any joint bank account and financially she is dependent on me and I pay the bills. But her name is jointly registered with prepaid electricity company. So should I say No and explain this in cover letter or say Yes?

Thanks!
No!! Your application is separate. It is quite self explanatory not sure what the confusion is. It says “are you supplying any information......” with YOUR application. So if your not then you need to say NO.

“Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?”

So when you are not providing it, the answer is obviously NO.

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:37 pm

Many thanks for your prompt reply and clarifying the wordings, will say No!

Thanks again for your help!!

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:17 pm

So, if I say No to A and B then I only need to sign form 1 and ignore 2 and 3 correct?

Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:18 pm

:mrgreen:
curiousja wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:17 pm
So, if I say No to A and B then I only need to sign form 1 and ignore 2 and 3 correct?

Thanks!
Correct

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:23 pm

Thanks! :)

curiousja
India

Post by curiousja » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:53 am

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

After my application, next, I have to apply for my wife’s and son’s ILR.

My wife and son are financially dependent on me. Me and my wife have a separate bank accounts, she does earn some money occasionally. I will be supporting them for their ILR application and will add my pay slips and bank statements.

As an evidence that we are living together, we will attach separate bank statements sharing the same address.

As I mentioned earlier, we are also jointly registered to an electricity company for a prepaid meter, and I do all the prepaid recharge of it.

Please suggest as we will be submitting individual bank statements, in that scenario, what should we say for A and B

A. “Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?”

B. “Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?”

And what part (1?, 2?, 3?) of the form (mentioned in my previous post) my wife has to sign, and do I need to sign any form as well?

Thanks!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:22 pm

curiousja wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:53 am
Hello,

Thanks for your help.

After my application, next, I have to apply for my wife’s and son’s ILR.

My wife and son are financially dependent on me. Me and my wife have a separate bank accounts, she does earn some money occasionally. I will be supporting them for their ILR application and will add my pay slips and bank statements.

As an evidence that we are living together, we will attach separate bank statements sharing the same address.

As I mentioned earlier, we are also jointly registered to an electricity company for a prepaid meter, and I do all the prepaid recharge of it.

Please suggest as we will be submitting individual bank statements, in that scenario, what should we say for A and B

And what part (1?, 2?, 3?) of the form (mentioned in my previous post) my wife has to sign, and do I need to sign any form as well?

Thanks!
First of all, you need more documents for cohabitation proof not only bank statements. You need to show cohabitation documents for the last 2 years. 6 documents evenly spread for the last two years i.e. every 3-4 months from 3/4 different sources. e.g. tenancy agreement/mortgage papers, council tax, electricity/gas/water bill etc.

Now, you have to answer this from your wife’s perspective as she is the main applicant now.

A - Yes
B - Yes

Your wife signs part 1 as an applicant.
You will sign part 2 for her.

I dont remember the wordings of part 3 but is self explanatory if you need to sign that for your wife also or not.