ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(M) document

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ScoobyLondon
United Kingdom

ILR SET(M) document

Post by ScoobyLondon » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:45 pm

My wife's second FLR ends on 26th Aug, so going by the 28-day interval, we can apply online now.

From what I have read, I should apply online on SET(M) form as I am a British citizen since birth.

What I've not been able to establish is the document dates. Does all documentation dates have to be prior to the application date or does it not matter?

ie if I submit online application on 6th Aug and my bank statements are dated 7th Aug, is that permissible?

Or should I hold off applying until I have all documentation available and then submit the application?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR SET(M) document

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:47 pm

Your documents must be valid and relevant on the date of application, which is the date you submit and pay online and not the date of your UKCVAS appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ScoobyLondon
United Kingdom

Post by ScoobyLondon » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:59 pm

Thanks for the prompt response.

So looks like I should wait for all docs to arrive before submitting the online application.

And if I book my SS appointment a week or so later, gives me time to scan and upload docs prior to appointment.

FYI, I did the previous two spouse visa applications myself with the old premium appointment, but under the new system what actually happens on the appointment visit?

Is it just biometrics on that date? And what else should I bring to that appointment, original copies of all docs?

thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:02 pm

So looks like I should wait for all docs to arrive before submitting the online application.
Correct
And if I book my Surinder Singh route appointment a week or so later, gives me time to scan and upload docs prior to appointment.
Surinder Singh route??? This is not relevant to ILR on SET(M).
FYI, I did the previous two spouse visa applications myself with the old premium appointment, but under the new system what actually happens on the appointment visit?
UKCVAS checks the documents are scanned correctly and you enrol biometrics.
Is it just biometrics on that date? And what else should I bring to that appointment, original copies of all docs?
Yes. Take all documents as sometime they might need to be rescanned for whatever reason.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ScoobyLondon
United Kingdom

Post by ScoobyLondon » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:02 pm
Correct
And if I book my Surinder Singh route appointment a week or so later, gives me time to scan and upload docs prior to appointment.
Surinder Singh route??? This is not relevant to ILR on SET(M).
UKCVAS checks the documents are scanned correctly and you enrol biometrics.
Yes. Take all documents as sometime they might need to be rescanned for whatever reason.
Sorry, I put down 'double-S'' to mean Sopra Steria but somehow it got badly 'auto-corrected'.

On the documentation front, should I only scan the first page of document, where name and address are showing, or all the document pages of bank statement, utility bills, etc.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:17 pm

The whole document.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ScoobyLondon
United Kingdom

Online ISA documentation

Post by ScoobyLondon » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:57 pm

I have an online Cash ISA and wish to use the balance to show I meet the Cash Savings route for ILR.

As its an online-only account and I don't get paper documentation, how do I evidence the balance which has remained above the ILR Cash Savings limit of £34,600 for the past year?

Can I print off the online statement by including a date range or do I need to get the ISA provider to send a paper statement? If the latter, does it need to be signed or dated, etc

thanks

ScoobyLondon
United Kingdom

Post by ScoobyLondon » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:29 pm

Would like advice on the above, where the savings are with an online-only institution.

Is it ok to print off the online statement or do I need to do anything else?

Thanks again

ScoobyLondon
United Kingdom

Post by ScoobyLondon » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:57 am

Couple of queries:

How do I evidence the following (I'm relying solely on Cash Savings) when asked:

'A declaration by joint of the source(s) of the cash savings'

As we have 3 accounts where the combined cash meets the required level, do we need to sign one declaration for each account or can we have one letter referencing all 3 accounts?

Is there a template letter I can use?

For the passport copies, do I need to scan all pages of the passport or just the main page?

thanks

ScoobyLondon
United Kingdom

SET(M) paying for additional services

Post by ScoobyLondon » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:39 pm

Completed draft of SET(M) form and will submit online application in the next few days.

I have a couple of questions:

1) I intend to use Super Premium Service - in terms of quick responses, does it matter which location you choose?
I'm based in Maidenhead and Reading service point is nearest but its held in a library and I'm thinking it may take longer than, say, Croydon (core).
Anyone know if any one service point is better than others, say Croydon as it's marked as Core?

2) I'd like to pay the £35 for the checking service - does that option come up after the application fees or do I need to pay that separately after the main fees have been paid?
WIll I be offered this service at all service points?
And is it worthwhile to perform this check prior to submission of biometrics?

thanks