ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

used wrong referee details when applied for British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sardarge
Newly Registered

used wrong referee details when applied for British citizenship

Post by sardarge » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:38 pm

I applied for British citizenship online for my children (4 and 2 year olds) but I mistakenly put the wrong referee. I should have put a professional person but I used a friends details who is a British citizen.

The application has been sent and I am unable to edit the referee details.

Now i need a referee to sign the declaration form but I cannot used my friend as a referee as it must be a teacher/health visitor etc.

What should I do in this situation?

thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: used wrong referee details when applied for British citizenship

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:08 am

Get a professional referee to sign the form. Write a cover letter with the details of the new referee and explain that you are using this new referee
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sardarge
Newly Registered

Post by sardarge » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:55 am

thanks you vary much .. do I need to post this with the case reference number or I can upload online because I did not uploads the document yet and my appointment is on 27 AUG 2019

sardarge
Newly Registered

Post by sardarge » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:59 am

sorry an other question
do we need to write teacher and health visiter passport number/date of birth and address .

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:00 pm

sardarge wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:55 am
thanks you vary much .. do I need to post this with the case reference number or I can upload online because I did not uploads the document yet and my appointment is on 27 AUG 2019
Upload like the other documents
sardarge wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:59 am
sorry an other question
do we need to write teacher and health visiter passport number/date of birth and address .
Yes, all the details on the letter
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sardarge
Newly Registered

Post by sardarge » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:38 pm

thanks you very much

sardarge
Newly Registered

Post by sardarge » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:35 pm

I have tried to approach for referee to my son's school but its closed now a days..

I have called my daughters health visitor for sign but she refused to do that as she said your daughters not even 2 and requirement is you must know the person since 2 years..

for both kids a professional govt employee is hard to find for me at the minute..

please suggest me to whom I should approach? or what else I can do to approach the referee..

as I already put name of referee who is manager of a hotel.. can he sign the form?

thank you

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:44 pm

If you cannot find a referee who dealt with the child in his/her professional capacity, you must demonstrate that you tried and the professional were not willing to give their details and instead you can use a normal professional