ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adult dependent visa uk.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hrajan84
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Adult dependent visa uk.

Post by Hrajan84 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi,
Sorry for long post, I really need help. Please....
My mother is 58 years old, she is widowed and (partially disabled because of frozen shoulder)was dependent on my brother and me. Now in Pakistan my brother is no longer willing to look after my mother. Crountly she is having 2 years uk visit visa which will expire next year in October. Last uk visit was for 6 months October 2018 till March 2019. Because here in Pakistan no one who can look after here so I had to come with her and I am staying in Pakistan with her at the moment. She is physically and emotionally needs me. My father was died in 1985 in car accident and she brought up me n my brothers on her own, but my brothers left her alone at this time of her life.
I am in Pakistan since last March. I cant leave my kids in uk alone with dady now I am planning to take my mother back to london with me. I am wondering if u can apply for settlement visa for my mother.
My husband is working full time self employed as a cab driver. I am on meternaty leave at the moment.
Please advise
Hafsa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Adult dependent visa uk.

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:10 pm

This is the most difficult visa to get and has an almost 100% refusal rate. The very limited members who have had success, were those who went through very costly appeals etc and likely were applications before the rules changed in July 2012 and were mostly from countries where care is very expensive (which is not the case in Pakistan).

immigration-for-family-members/adult-de ... 87771.html

immigration-for-family-members/older-de ... 42420.html

If you choose to risk it and apply and it is refused, it will also shut the door on any future visitor visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hrajan84
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Hrajan84 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:17 pm

Any other options I jut want to keep my mother with me in england.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:19 pm

Hrajan84 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:17 pm
Any other options I jut want to keep my mother with me in england.
Not really no unless there was something she qualified for in her own right which it doesn't sound like she does.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.