ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do resolved Legacy Cases pay for ILR

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Siggi

Do resolved Legacy Cases pay for ILR

Post by Siggi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:05 am

Straight forward question yes or no.

Resolved Legacy Cases do they pay the £750 for ILR or is it just granted to them free?

Post by 4444 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:09 am

its free. they dont pay nothing

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:45 am

So if you come into this country illegaly and stay illegaly for 10 years you are rewarded with free ILR.

But if you do everything according to the law of the land you will land up paying everything from taxes ,visa costs.

This is a bloody digrace!

Post by 4444 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:56 am

Siggi wrote:So if you come into this country illegaly and stay illegaly for 10 years you are rewarded with free ILR.

But if you do everything according to the law of the land you will land up paying everything from taxes ,visa costs.

This is a bloody digrace!
no its not,most people under the legacy case programme have been in limbo for years. most of them are failed asylum seekers but due to the conditions in their countries they cannot be removed. for example people from ,iraq,zimbabwe,somalia,dafur,afghanistan etc so i think this programme is the best thing that has ever happened in UK

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:04 am

Well that's your opinion.

joe777

Post by joe777 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:12 am

everyone should or should not pay, one simple rule. they should pay, just as everyone else has to pay, i had to pay it for my wife and stepson (£1,500) and i'm british, so why should someone else not pay ?

as for 'been in limbo for years' don't they receive a state benefit? once they have ILR they can work without resrictions, so why should they not pay it back ??

fair system for all :D

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:50 pm

Yes they should pay it with interest!

fazsaf
Newly Registered

Post by fazsaf » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:47 pm

joe777 wrote:everyone should or should not pay, one simple rule. they should pay, just as everyone else has to pay, i had to pay it for my wife and stepson (£1,500) and i'm british, so why should someone else not pay ?

as for 'been in limbo for years' don't they receive a state benefit? once they have ILR they can work without resrictions, so why should they not pay it back ??

fair system for all :D
I think because it's one off exercise to clear the backlog of old Ayslum cases, lot of these people are out of jobs or working on a very low pay,and not paying taxes. This is one of the reason why HO wants to clear the backlog and bring these people out of the shadows and to either grant them status so they could work, pay taxes and contribute to the society like everybody else, or if they don't have any reason to stay in this country then to remove them as soon as possible. As far as these people not paying for their ILR, I think it's because of the reasons I've mentioned above and HO doesn't want to cause more hardship on these people, and lot of these people are families with children, and as I said before most of these people are not paying taxes and government is hoping that once these people are granted ILR they will be able to work and pay taxes. In that way government can raise more revenue plus save lot of money after these people will come off benefits.

As far as you paying a fee of 1500 pounds, I think it's too much money to pay, I myself paid lot of money for my application and waiting for almost 2 years for HO decision. I think we can recognise that HO has lots of incompetencies and this deprtment is not fit for purpose (according to Mr. Reid), and I've suffered a lot from these incompetencies over number of years of my stay in this country. Lets hope HO started to change things for better now !

Regards

Fez

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:56 pm

Siggi posted a question, has got his question ..... topic closed.
John